Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Lovely but I have a question
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #23919 at 1:19 am on Feb 26, 2013
Tonkatsu is breaded and deep-fried pork. The broth in ramen is usually chicken but of course it could be anything. I am wondering how the broth was made from breaded, deep-fried pork??
I love ramen- we have a famous noodle shop here on Kauai called Hamura's Saimin- homemade ramen, rich, incredible chicken broth, all the trimmings. I am so hooked on it but would like to try this one from Heather.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23919. Just wanted to share a picture of the ramen I had last night from Ramen Club - Heather_in_SF - 12:48am on 02/26/13 (5)
- Lovely but I have a question - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:19am on 02/26/13
- Ramen here is usually served in pork broth - tonkotsu. Different from tonkatsu, fried pork cutlet. [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 4:08am on 02/26/13
- Aha- did not know that. You learn something every day. Thank you! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:04pm on 02/26/13
- My American friend but who is very Japanese always gets on my case about pronunciation! - Heather_in_SF - 11:47pm on 02/26/13
- Interesting write up on this in Serious Eats. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 1:27am on 02/26/13