Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My first chorizo purchase and I'd love to hear your ideas
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #23926 at 5:28 pm on Feb 27, 2013
This week's special at the gourmet market - $1.99/lb homemade raw chorizo sausage links. I bought 3# - about 10 links - for the two of us. I was planning to open all of the casings, vacuum freeze some of the raw meat mixture and cook-then-freeze the remainder, to add to all kinds of future meals. I won't know how spicy/flavorful the batch is until I cook some.
I read through the archives for your tips and now wonder whether to leave some links in the casing. Should I cook before freezing or freeze the links raw? How and how long would you cook them?
If they end up being really tasty, which they should ;), how would you use 3 pounds?
Thank-you for your tips on this new adventure! Colleen
Other messages in this thread:
- 23926. My first chorizo purchase and I'd love to hear your ideas - colleenmomof2 - 5:28pm on 02/27/13 (10)
- I'm not a big fan of most versions of chorizo... it's just not my thing, but I will... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:37pm on 02/27/13
- Colleen, I just made Twenty Minutes to Mexico a couple of weeks ago [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:12am on 02/28/13
- I've also made an Albondigas-type recipe by simply adding some whisked eggs - FloriSandy - 2:25am on 02/28/13
- Add to a pot of beans or especially refried beans. Scrambled into eggs. - Melissa Dallas - 5:10am on 02/28/13
- Chorizo and White Bean Stew from BA looks really good and I think it would highlight your chorizo [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:55pm on 02/28/13
- Yummy, wow! Creamy beans - colleenmomof2 - 11:28pm on 03/01/13
- You're welcome! I must find some good chorizo. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:12pm on 03/06/13
- Thanks for all of your suggestions! - colleenmomof2 - 1:05am on 03/01/13
- I use chorizo in paella :-). Just chop up and add to the pan. [NT] - EvaN - 10:45am on 03/01/13
- Me too :) [NT] - cheezz - 11:29pm on 03/01/13