Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Room Temperature Baby Red Potato Salad - love it
Joined: Jun 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #23927 at 5:58 pm on Feb 27, 2013
If I veer from the "sensible eating plan," I'll probably make some of this potato salad. I can eat the whole batch (and all that mayo) by myself!
Room Temperature Potato Salad
4 hard boiled eggs, chilled
3 1/2 lbs. red skinned potatoes - size B
1/3 cup sliced green onion, about 1 bunch
1 cup heavy duty mayo (1-1/4 cup regular mayo)
1 1/2 tsp celery seed
1 to 1-1/2 tsp salt
1. Hard boil eggs, crack, peel and chill.
2. Steam same sized potatoes until a skewer just penetrates potatoes (cooked through but just done). To steam, hold potatoes above salted water over low simmer for 45-60 minutes, depending on potato size, if whole or cut into chunks. Let cool and dry in colander or on paper towels until still very warm but just cool enough to handle.
3. While potatoes are cooling, slice green tops of green onions into 1/8" slices and dry on paper towel. Mix mayo, celery seeds and salt in measuring cup.
4. Break or chop still very warm potatoes into different sized pieces in a large size serving or storage bowl - some bite sized and some larger.
5. Slice each egg lengthwise into 8 strips. Sprinkle evenly over top of warm potatoes along with the green onions.
6. Distribute mayo mixture in spoonfuls across the top of the potato mixture. Very gently stir to combine. Serve.
7. Refrigerate remaining potato salad. Lightly rewarm a serving size portion of potato salad in the microwave before serving - or eat it chilled!
Link: Room Temperature Potato Salad
Other messages in this thread:
- 23927. Planning how we will consume 10 pounds of baby red potatoes - colleenmomof2 - 5:37pm on 02/27/13 (18)
- Rec: Room Temperature Baby Red Potato Salad - love it [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 5:58pm on 02/27/13
- I've been making a kind of frittata lately where I slightly mash leftover - DawnNYS - 8:32pm on 02/27/13
- Try Dawn Mo's Crash Hot Potatoes in T&T--addictive! [NT] [LINK] - MoNJ - 9:40pm on 02/27/13
- Sour cream dill potato salad - Melissa Dallas - 1:25am on 02/28/13
- I loved Ina Garten's Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. Recipe at link [NT] [LINK] - FloriSandy - 1:50am on 02/28/13
- My Mom's Potato Salad (5 lbs. of red bliss potatoes). BBQ some chicken/burgers, etc. [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:01am on 02/28/13
- REC T&T RED POTATOES IN PARCHMENT PACKETS one of my very favorite potato recs - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:00am on 02/28/13
- thanks for this reminder----so easy yet quite elegant [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:52pm on 02/28/13
- Love these - made them often. Thanks again Cathy [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:02pm on 02/28/13
- A few ideas - Earnie - 4:04am on 02/28/13
- These Parmesan baked potatoes are TDF! [LINK] - cheezz - 5:57am on 02/28/13
- These sound terrific - I will give them a try - thanks Cheez [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:50am on 02/28/13
- Oh yes, these are yummy, have made them many times. Here's a link with [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:42pm on 02/28/13
- I think a little bacon sprinkled in wouldn't taste bad either :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:35pm on 02/28/13
- Oh I remember those, they are so SO good. [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 11:27pm on 02/28/13
- Looks like I'll need more potatoes! - colleenmomof2 - 1:08am on 03/01/13
- ..."we're gonna need a bigger boat...for the potatoes, of course." [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:50pm on 03/01/13