Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #24026 at 3:06 pm on Mar 18, 2013
1) 2 peeled carrots (i.e. I used the peeler to get very thin carrot slices)
2) two large roasted red pepper which I diced small
3) a single green onion, very thinly sliced
4) home made chicken stock used 6 cups (on a doubled recipe) instead of 4
I made sure that the foil was well sealed and I did not have any issues with dryness. The cabbage was in a word, perfect. I love this recipe and will do it again. I did get some raised eyebrows on the roasted pepper but figured the roasted peppers would work well with the bacon flavor and they did, but I didn't add that much anyway. Two peppers were hardly noticeable.
For the corned beef in the crock pot I also added some beer. I only had a lager on hand so that is what I used.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24026. Emeril's corned beef cabbage ? - pmassell_93 - 5:14pm on 03/16/13 (8)
- Here is his recipe for braised cabbage and potatoes that sounds like what is [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:22pm on 03/16/13
- Assuming this is one of the posts you saw that reference it? [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 5:26pm on 03/16/13
- yes thanks [LINK] - pmassell_93 - 8:32pm on 03/16/13
- That strudel looks great for the leftover corned beef. I think I will make the braised - LisainLA - 10:53pm on 03/16/13
- If that's not what you're looking for, I can tell you that there were suggestions - DawnNYS - 8:31pm on 03/16/13
- so I ended up crock potting the cb and using emeril's recipe with some tweaks... - pmassell_93 - 10:44pm on 03/17/13
- I also did the cb in the crock pot, and the emeril dish - what tweaks did you make? - LisainLA - 4:48am on 03/18/13
- my tweaks - pmassell_93 - 3:06pm on 03/18/13