Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I am making beef stroganoff for dinner, and I have garlic that was as
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24058 at 7:18 pm on Mar 21, 2013
"hot" as the jalapenos that I grew last summer. Is that normal? It stung my fingers like crazy and hurt until I put my hand under cold water! 'Never had that happen before!
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 24058. I am making beef stroganoff for dinner, and I have garlic that was as - DawnNYS - 7:18pm on 03/21/13 (13)
- P.S. Serviing over colcannon... yum, that was good, as long as you cook the - DawnNYS - 7:23pm on 03/21/13
- Surviving or Serving? LOL [NT] - Meryl - 7:27pm on 03/21/13
- ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 10:17pm on 03/22/13
- Garlic can be hot. There are various strains of garlic, and some are more pungent than others too. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 8:40pm on 03/21/13
- Did you notice a bit of green in the center? Very common this time of year. Not sure it makes it - Curious1 - 2:58am on 03/22/13
- You know I hate when I buy seemingly good looking garlic that's rock solid - FloriSandy - 3:23am on 03/22/13
- Horrible green sprouts? Sounds like The Green Giant's awful nephew, Little Johnny--Jump-up . . . - mistral - 4:39pm on 03/22/13
- I know the green sprouts means the clove is getting old, and they are bitter, but this was - DawnNYS - 7:17pm on 03/22/13
- this has been happening to me for a few years now---the burning fingers when working with raw garlic [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:08pm on 03/25/13
- we have been getting the worst garlic lately---looks rock solid and nice, then when i break the - AngAk1 - 9:09pm on 03/25/13
- I break off a clove in the store & take a peek. [NT] - Traca - 7:12pm on 03/26/13
- I read somewhere that we are getting alot of our garlic from China... [NT] - lorijean - 2:37pm on 03/27/13
- yes, especially the powdered that goes into processed foods. One way to avoid bulb garlic from China - Curious1 - 4:12pm on 03/27/13