Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
Joe - your recipe for the manicotti was fabulous! I especially love the tomato sauce
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24070 at 10:48 pm on Mar 24, 2013
I made it yesterday and then re-heated to assemble and serve today. It really mellowed nicely overnight.
I made the crepes and also some with chicken pistachio filling from another recipe posted on Gails many moons ago by Catherine in DC.
This is a keeper! Thanks for sharing.
Link: Joe's Manicotti
Other messages in this thread:
- 24070. Joe - your recipe for the manicotti was fabulous! I especially love the tomato sauce [LINK] - LisainLA - 10:48pm on 03/24/13 (13)
- Here is the recipe for the crepes and the chicken filling I also used. The last couple of times [LINK] - LisainLA - 10:51pm on 03/24/13
- copied! this sounds wonderful. [NT] - AngAk1 - 1:24pm on 03/26/13
- I'm glad you like it! I have trouble getting folks to try that recipe--I think "18 eggs" - Joe - 9:57am on 03/25/13
- LOL - yes, 18 eggs might be off-putting. I doubled my usual one, so 10 eggs - LisainLA - 6:01pm on 03/26/13
- Not sure if this is sacrilegious, but at our work Pasta-palooza, the manicotti won. AND.... - MarilynFL - 11:56am on 03/25/13
- I must be the only one that thinks pasta that isn't boiled before using lends a starchy taste to a - Curious1 - 1:04pm on 03/25/13
- I don't mind the starchy taste is chicken noodle soup, but do with tomato/pasta dishes. [NT] - LisainLA - 6:08pm on 03/26/13
- You had me at "Pasta-palooza." The event itself sounds like a winner. I have never used the dried - Joe - 1:20pm on 03/25/13
- I just learned to make ricotta, now I'll try crepes. [NT] - cyalexa2 - 1:37pm on 03/26/13
- Just noticed - - cyalexa2 - 1:42pm on 03/26/13
- I didn't notice, that - the uncooked side tends to be a bit tackier, so it would - LisainLA - 6:09pm on 03/26/13
- Sorry for all of my typos, I can't edit to fix. :( [NT] - LisainLA - 6:10pm on 03/26/13
- Definitely fill the uncooked side--it is still soft and blends with the filling. However, - Joe - 7:34pm on 03/26/13