Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Another Blueberry Muffin recipe
Joined: Mar 19, 2012
Posted to Thread #24253 at 1:12 pm on May 2, 2013
My favorite muffin recipe is adapted from Marcy Goldman's, "Lawsuit Muffins"
1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup veg. oil
1 1/3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon grated citrus zest
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
2¨1/2 cups to 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fruit (blueberries )
Preheat the oven to 400¡ÆF. Prepare muffin tin. I use Lg. Texas muffin tin .Set aside.
For the streusel, mix all the ingredients together with a fork or your fingertips in a small bowl to make a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
For the batter, whisk the oil, brown sugar, citrus zest, and egg together in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla and buttermilk.
In a large bowl, stir together 2¨ö cups of the flour, the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to the wet ingredients and blend. Fold in the fruit. I usu. use frozen fruit (blueberries).
Using a large ice-cream scoop, fill the muffins cups to the top. Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over each muffin.
Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350¡ÆF and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before unmolding onto wire racks.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24253. I have a couple of bags of blueberries in the freezer... can we start a blueberry thread? I need the - DawnNYS - 8:13pm on 05/01/13 (38)
- Jam? [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 8:15pm on 05/01/13
- Blueberry muffins. It's my foundest memory from NYC :-) [NT] - EvaN - 8:16pm on 05/01/13
- Blueberry-Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting (Yes, from Epi, but still good.) ;) - ErininNY - 9:38pm on 05/01/13
- Blueberry Muffins (Jordan Marsh) [LINK] - Meryl - 10:00pm on 05/01/13
- Tons Of Blueberry Coffee Cake [LINK] - Meryl - 10:01pm on 05/01/13
- Looks delicious Meryl. Printed and thanks! [NT] - FloriSandy - 2:29am on 05/02/13
- You're very welcome! [NT] - Meryl - 3:45am on 05/02/13
- Another idea is to make a blueberry sauce and serve it over vanilla ice cream. I do that often. [NT] - Meryl - 10:04pm on 05/01/13
- Blueberry crumble came to mind. [NT] - barb_b - 10:54pm on 05/01/13
- Rec: Meryl's Strawberry Coffee Cake. I've made this using peaches and blueberries. All excellent! [NT] [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 11:00pm on 05/01/13
- Or blueberry syrup for pancakes & waffles [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:07am on 05/02/13
- I like the following Blueberry Spread for topping ice cream, pancakes, toast, etc - Elenor - 1:12am on 05/02/13
- I have not tried these yet, but they look yummy - REC: Blueberry Cookies [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:15am on 05/02/13
- REC: Blueberry Crumble from CI -- I've made this a hundred times :) [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 1:54am on 05/02/13
- I know you already made a pie but this blueberry pie from CI is out of this world [LINK] - cheezz - 1:56am on 05/02/13
- There is a version of this same CI Blueberry Pie w/ pie crust REC included. I love their - wigs - 3:08pm on 05/02/13
- I love the crust too - more tender than regular, but I do gluten free crust now :) [NT] - cheezz - 5:00pm on 05/02/13
- REC: Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze - MariaDNoCA - 2:22am on 05/02/13
- I like to make Fruit Pizza with blueberries and strawberries, especially for the 4th of July [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 2:26am on 05/02/13
- I LOVE this post - thanks to all for their contributions and Dawn for asking:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:51am on 05/02/13
- Yippeeee, thanks everyone. This will keep me busy :o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:34pm on 05/02/13
- Another Blueberry Muffin recipe - sjs1952 - 1:12pm on 05/02/13
- Rec.: Blueberry-Lemon MINI Muffins - I thought Michael would post these, but ok...I will :) - MariaDNoCA - 3:09pm on 05/02/13
- Blueberry Buckle from Martha.... - MariaDNoCA - 3:17pm on 05/02/13
- REC: Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake frm old Gail's in 2002 posted by Sandi in Hawaii [LINK] - wigs - 3:22pm on 05/02/13
- from NLB Rec: Overnight Blueberry Puff - MariaDNoCA - 3:23pm on 05/02/13
- Pat's Blueberry Spice Cake - MariaDNoCA - 3:26pm on 05/02/13
- and just because we need something to drink...Blueberry Mojito Cocktail - MariaDNoCA - 4:17pm on 05/02/13
- I know that I must have posted this before but here again is REC: Blueberry Cheese Pie... - charlie - 4:51pm on 05/02/13
- And here is charlie's Shortbread Cookie Crust REC to go w/ his Blueberry Cheese Pie==> [LINK] - wigs - 6:14pm on 05/02/13
- Thanks Wigs---I forgot to add it--after I told myself that I needed to do so---- [NT] - charlie - 11:57pm on 05/02/13
- Here is a link to when this was discussed in 2009, great recipes in here!! [NT] [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 6:32pm on 05/02/13
- REC: Spicy Blueberry Ginger Chutney [LINK] - Heather_in_SF - 6:38pm on 05/02/13
- Thanks Heather (and everyone). I was thinking about this when I posted the request. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:35pm on 05/02/13
- this post should be added to the favorite posts in T&T [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:35pm on 05/02/13
- Done [NT] - DawnNYS - 6:41pm on 05/20/13
- Yes, indeed. Those blueberry crumb bars. If the berries are superb, simple is best. [NT] [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 3:59pm on 05/03/13
- Gay posted this winner a while ago REC: East Blue Hill Blueberry Coffee Cake by Maida Heatter... - charlie - 12:04am on 05/03/13