Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Marsha hooked me up with LeeAnn. Here is her new Vitamix website.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #24263 at 10:55 am on May 4, 2013
You can see how lots of other folks are using theirs and get recipes. LeeAnn has a good review on the latest model. She says it really breaks down raspberry and strawberry seeds until perfectly smooth. She is a vendor, so she does have to test/analyze her product. Not sure how much the "newest" model runs as I'm at work and am blocked from accessing her site.
I don't use mine (5200) anywhere near as much as I should for what it cost, but it does make amazing smoothies. I prefer to use all frozen fruit, yogurt and fruit juice, rather than filling the container half-way with ice (although this does pack far more calories into a drinkable meal.) Being the whack case that I am, I counted each smoothie we drank as $8 toward the $400 cost until I had justified the purchase.
Along with smoothies, I make pudding and curd in it...no special recipe, just use egg-based puddings, check with an "instant read" thermometer and buzz until the contents reach 170 degrees. Lean over the cannister and get a free steam facial while you're at it. Add butter last.
You can add frozen or fresh kale/spinach/chard to just about any smoothie and you won't taste it. Easy way to sneak in greens.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24263. Which Vitamix do you recommend? - Michael in Sarasota - 12:20pm on 05/03/13 (19)
- Frugal bones are overrated, Michael (You heard it from a kitchen gadget hoarder) [NT] - EvaN - 5:06pm on 05/03/13
- I got the 6300 in RED!!! - Music City Missy - 7:16pm on 05/03/13
- Just looked at Costco.com and they have the 5200 online that includes dry blade for $479 - Music City Missy - 7:19pm on 05/03/13
- I chose the Pro 300, in red....named her Ruby! :-) Almost got the Costco [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 1:41am on 05/04/13
- By the way, my husband has lost 11 lbs with the morning green smoothies since we - Pat-NoCal - 1:50am on 05/04/13
- BTW - what all are you putting in those smoothies? [NT] - Music City Missy - 2:35am on 05/04/13
- Pat, tell me about your green smoothies- I am just going to start a green detox thing [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:08pm on 05/04/13
- Thanks for sharing the group and way to go to your hubby! - Music City Missy - 2:35am on 05/04/13
- Marsha hooked me up with LeeAnn. Here is her new Vitamix website. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 10:55am on 05/04/13
- Love the toupee! Lee Ann's Blendtec to Vitamix - colleenmomof2 - 11:47am on 05/04/13
- Another fan of Lee Ann's and her VM group... - MariaDNoCA - 8:55pm on 05/04/13
- Mar/Michael, for inspiration: here's 52 ways to use your VM [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:13pm on 05/05/13
- and 66 things/tools you can replace using a VM [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:19pm on 05/05/13
- Thanks all! I just ordered the refurbished 7500/Pro 300 from Lea Ann for $399. - Michael in Sarasota - 1:31am on 05/05/13
- Found out they only have the refurbished ones in red so I'll name mine "Slippers" [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:48pm on 05/05/13