Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This recipe has approx. 4 cups flour, so 10 eggs would be excessive.
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #24342 at 8:36 pm on May 19, 2013
Using another recipe, tested and rated, would be the best idea, but if you go with this one, it seems that approx. 6 large eggs should be sufficient. Most carrot cake recipes use about 2-2 1/2 cups flour and 3-4 eggs.
Where's the leavener in this recipe?
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24342. Need help with a metric recipe - oli - 1:54pm on 05/19/13 (16)
- So keep in mind I know very little about baking, there are people here that do. However, - Curious1 - 5:41pm on 05/19/13
- I have everything all set to go, so I am just waiting until some of the professionals chime in. [NT] - oli - 5:45pm on 05/19/13
- Good, hopefully it won't be long. I can't wait to see some answers from those with experience. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:56pm on 05/19/13
- This recipe has approx. 4 cups flour, so 10 eggs would be excessive. - Meryl - 8:36pm on 05/19/13
- Thanks, would the cake be heavy with that many eggs? [NT] - oli - 8:42pm on 05/19/13
- Probably. You should be okay with 6 large. What kind of leavener is in there? [NT] - Meryl - 8:51pm on 05/19/13
- Does it need leavening if the eggs are separated and whites whipped separately? - Curious1 - 9:15pm on 05/19/13
- Another question, when checking cookbooks that list grams along with ounces, etc and online - Curious1 - 9:26pm on 05/19/13
- This is basically a pound cake. Ten might not be too many - Charley - 9:17pm on 05/19/13
- Hi Gretchen [NT] - Meryl - 9:31pm on 05/19/13
- I think it depends on if the recipe has a levener in it or not. I have never made a carrot cake - EvaN - 9:29pm on 05/19/13
- Oli, this is all speculation at this point. How about posting the instructions, so we can - Meryl - 9:34pm on 05/19/13
- Oli, can you take a photo of the recipe page and upload it to photobucket? That would help. [NT] - cheezz - 11:36pm on 05/19/13
- Drat oli....I thought I found a good comparison, but there is no consistency in the scaling [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:28pm on 05/20/13
- So oli... how did it turn out? [NT] - Meryl - 9:54pm on 05/23/13
- I was nothing special, not like what I tasted in Costa Rica [NT] - oli - 3:33pm on 07/09/13