Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Help me make a grocery list? Things I can keep next to the bed/eat cold...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24491 at 12:04 am on Jun 14, 2013
Because the only thing I can think of is cheetos and I should make a list. (Right now my SIL is bringing me dinners and I'm eating them cold.)
However, is it possible to try and come up with something relatively healthy or something besides chips to keep on hand to eat? Since my micro is over the stove, even something that has to be zapped would be a challenge (but it could be done if I really have to, but getting to the kitchen is an ordeal).
Thought this might be a fun challenge.
What would you keep next to the bed to eat if you were suppose to be on full bed rest (or couldn't reach the kitchen counters)?
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 24491. Help me make a grocery list? Things I can keep next to the bed/eat cold... - MariaDNoCA - 12:04am on 06/14/13 (17)
- Cheese, crackers & fruit, dry sausages, soup in a thermos, trail mix, lots of cookies - Melissa Dallas - 1:04am on 06/14/13
- PB & J. A small cooler for drinks. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:14am on 06/14/13
- Hummus and almond crackers. Beef or turkey jerky. Craisins. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:53am on 06/14/13
- nuts, cherry tomatoes, crudite [NT] - cyalexa2 - 12:29pm on 06/14/13
- pistachios, sliced cheese and sliced salami w/ crackers, cut up carrots [NT] - barb_b - 1:12pm on 06/14/13
- I put an iced-down cooler & a big wicker basket nxt 2 DH's recliner chair so he can reach sliced ham - wigs - 3:14pm on 06/14/13
- I'm just waiting for Meryl's answer. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:48pm on 06/14/13
- Ha! Normally, I'd say "dark chocolate truffles,", but she said "healthy!" [NT] - Meryl - 8:11pm on 06/14/13
- I'd go with the Cheetos so I'm no help :) [NT] - cheezz - 6:02pm on 06/14/13
- crock pot? with soup etc, or wrapped up sandwiches. cup of noodles if you can heat water - AngAk1 - 7:08pm on 06/14/13
- you can freeze Gogurts to keep stuff chilled, then slurp 'em down [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:13pm on 06/14/13
- (((((Maria)))) In addition to the great ideas here, you should consider [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:32am on 06/15/13
- Sorryto be late, Wigs' ideas are what worked for me - Anna_X - 3:54pm on 06/15/13
- Great ideas here. Put Activia in that cooler -- dried fruit (mangoes come to mind) - PatBastrop - 7:58pm on 06/15/13
- Aw! Feel better soon, Maria! [NT] - ErininNY - 1:17am on 06/16/13
- I think I would keep vegetable platters with a dip like hummus in a cooler beside my bed. - EvaN - 1:26pm on 06/16/13
- This are all great ideas - thank you!! - MariaDNoCA - 6:02pm on 06/16/13