Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
These are a little different than the 7-layer bars. Here's the recipe:
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #2775 at 10:48 pm on Jul 26, 2006
MAGIC COOKIE BARS
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 14 oz. can condensed milk
6 oz (1 cup) chocolate chips (I used a little more)
3 1/2 ounces (1 1/3 cups) coconut (I used a little less than 1 1/2 cups unsweetened)
1 c. chopped pecans (I used 3/4 cup)
Preheat oven to 350.
Melt butter in a 13x9 inch baking pan in the oven while it's preheating.
Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter, mix together and press into pan.
Pour the condensed milk evenly over the crust and sprinkle with the remaining ingredients. (I added the chips first, then coconut, then nuts. I also sprinkled a few more chips on top). Press down firmly.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool thoroughly before cutting.
Posted by Cookimonster
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2775. ISO easy bar cookie - starburst - 9:09pm on 07/26/06 (25)
- A lot of people love Magic Cookie Bars, especially kids. I found them to be too sweet, but if you're - Meryl - 10:30pm on 07/26/06
- please post - darylGA - 10:31pm on 07/26/06
- recipe up in T&T desserts as 7 layer bars. [NT] - AngAk - 10:40pm on 07/26/06
- These are a little different than the 7-layer bars. Here's the recipe: - Meryl - 10:48pm on 07/26/06
- Wow, that's a hard request. No baking, no melting. See link for fruit pizza. A tiny bit of baking [LINK] - AngAk - 10:39pm on 07/26/06
- REC: Honey Crunch Nut Bars - cheezz - 10:41pm on 07/26/06
- If she resorts to baking, I have an easy pecan bar recipe. [NT] - cheezz - 10:41pm on 07/26/06
- How about Apricot Shortbread Bars by GayleMO? - posted in T&T [NT] - Meryl - 10:46pm on 07/26/06
- Check out T&T cakes, cookies, desserts, candy and stupidly simple for other easy recipes. - AngAk - 10:49pm on 07/26/06
- The chocolate covered cherry cake up in T&T stupidly simple is easy and good without frosting. [NT] - AngAk - 11:08pm on 07/26/06
- Here are some No-Bake Bars to check out: Peanut Butter Bars.. [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 10:55pm on 07/26/06
- Aunt Betz Cookies [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 10:57pm on 07/26/06
- She could always do cocoa brownies if she doesn't mind baking a little. [NT] - Meryl - 11:00pm on 07/26/06
- I agree with Ang - no baking, no chocolate, no rice krispies -- difficult request! However... - Mimi - 11:22pm on 07/26/06
- Pistachio Christmas Ribbon Bars [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 11:23pm on 07/26/06
- Chewy Noels [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 11:24pm on 07/26/06
- Bisquick Butterscotch Brownies [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 11:25pm on 07/26/06
- Lemon Bars [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 11:26pm on 07/26/06
- Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Bars [NT] [LINK] - Mimi - 11:27pm on 07/26/06
- We may need to turn to Sandra Lee of FoodTv to solve this one. Something semi-homemade :) [NT] - AngAk - 12:11am on 07/27/06
- ACK!!! Noooooooooo! [NT] - Carianna in WA - 12:33am on 07/27/06
- No baking, no krispies, nothing that melts. SL must have an easy recipe that "her girlfriends love" - AngAk - 10:24pm on 07/27/06
- Oreo Truffles from the T&T -- not a bar cookie, but easy, delicious - MiainMD - 2:51am on 07/27/06