Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's another from my to-try list: Egyptian Red Snapper in Red Pepper-Mint Sauce
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #24507 at 8:56 pm on Jun 17, 2013
EGYPTIAN RED SNAPPER IN RED PEPPER-MINT SAUCE
6 (8 ounce) red snapper fillets
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Large Red onion
2 Cloves garlic
1 Red pepper, charred, skinned and chopped
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper or to taste
5 Mint leaves
1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme
3 Teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. To make the sauce, sauté onions in olive oil until golden.
2. Add garlic, red pepper and remaining sauce ingredients, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Pour sauce over snapper fillets and bake covered in a 350° oven for 18 minutes.
4. Serve over rice or couscous.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24507. Any Tilapia recipes? We always do the same, blackened or with a lemon sauce - deb-in-MI - 12:35pm on 06/17/13 (21)
- THis is really good; a number of us on eat.at have enjoyed it. Rec: mediterranian fish [LINK] - barb_b - 1:19pm on 06/17/13
- This was delicious! I didn't have all the ingredients - deb-in-MI - 10:08am on 06/19/13
- Glad you enjoyed it! So easy and so pretty! [NT] - barb_b - 10:52am on 06/19/13
- Perfect; thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:08pm on 06/17/13
- We like tilapia as well. Here are a few of my go-to recipes. Rec: Grilled Fish Tacos [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:03pm on 06/17/13
- Rec: Pan-Seared Tilapia with Chile Lime Butter - Pat-NoCal - 3:03pm on 06/17/13
- Oh yeah! I didn't like this at all!! - Michael in Sarasota - 10:58pm on 06/17/13
- :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:42am on 06/18/13
- Rec: Spicy Sauteed Fish with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes - Pat-NoCal - 3:04pm on 06/17/13
- They all sound good; thank you! We eat it weekly so these are a big help:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:06pm on 06/17/13
- Rec: Red Snapper Veracruzana. I use this recipe all the time, adapting it to - Pat-NoCal - 3:07pm on 06/17/13
- This is one of my all time favorite recipes. I love Veracruzana-style dishes. - Dawn_MO - 4:08pm on 06/17/13
- I'm printing this out for a nice piece of halibut. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:04pm on 06/17/13
- On the list to try are these as well.... - Pat-NoCal - 3:13pm on 06/17/13
- I don't like tilapia, but here's a recipe from my to-try list that can be used for tilapia: - Meryl - 8:47pm on 06/17/13
- Here's another from my to-try list: Egyptian Red Snapper in Red Pepper-Mint Sauce [LINK] - Meryl - 8:56pm on 06/17/13
- Grilled tilapia with Mango Salsa is excellent. [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:08pm on 06/17/13
- Tilapia Species Taste Variation - Richard in Cincy - 1:16pm on 06/18/13
- I also use tilapia, mostly because it does not taste "fishy"...but read on, as it may not be as [LINK] - judy-mass - 12:31pm on 06/19/13
- I only buy wild caught fish, every time I read about farmed fish it turns my stomach. - LisainLA - 1:38am on 06/20/13