Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
New 1,000 sq house in the woods: Wood or tile in kitchen?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #24512 at 7:32 pm on Jun 18, 2013
The floor plan is very open. Kitchen, living room, dining is just one big room. Two small bedrooms and 2 smaller baths off the back.
I was thinking of just running wood through the entire house (other than baths), but worried about kitchen wetness. But I'm also worried about the coldness of tile in the winter and the transition between wood and tile in such a small area.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24512. New 1,000 sq house in the woods: Wood or tile in kitchen? - MarilynFL - 7:32pm on 06/18/13 (16)
- We recently redid our kitchen and put in oak flooring. It is very easy to - rhoward2va - 8:53pm on 06/18/13
- Agree - I've had oak in my kitchen since 1976 - cleans easily. [NT] - cheezz - 9:36pm on 06/18/13
- We had tile in our last house and it is very unforgiving. Oak flooring all around in - charlie - 10:58pm on 06/18/13
- Are there any problems with carpenter ants there? [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 11:38pm on 06/18/13
- Good question, Marg. I'll check with my contractor. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:59am on 06/19/13
- Only wood! Love it throughout - colleenmomof2 - 12:28am on 06/19/13
- Love Love my hardwood kitchen floor [LINK] - MoNJ - 2:02am on 06/19/13
- Wood. Absolutely. - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:16am on 06/19/13
- Ladies and gentlemen, we have a consensus: wood it is! [my one big splurge] [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:00am on 06/19/13
- YEAH! I love my hardwood kitchen floor too. [NT] - Barbara in VA - 12:35pm on 06/19/13
- We put wood in the home we built 10 years ago and love it! - deb-in-MI - 1:01pm on 06/19/13
- You've already decided, but I vote "No" on tile - hard on your body and on anything you drop. :) [NT] - LisainLA - 3:47pm on 06/19/13
- Wood: contiguous look thru house; much easier on feet [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:44pm on 06/19/13
- My chef friend put cork flooring in her kitchen. Loved it. [NT] - Traca - 6:37am on 06/23/13
- We almost put in cork floors . . . then remembered we have cats who were sharpening their claws in - Steve2 in LA - 11:09pm on 06/23/13
- Do you have mats on those concrete floors? [NT] - Traca - 11:48pm on 06/24/13