Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
We had tile in our last house and it is very unforgiving. Oak flooring all around in
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #24512 at 10:58 pm on Jun 18, 2013
our new mountain home.
It looks great and seems to resist water and stains.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24512. New 1,000 sq house in the woods: Wood or tile in kitchen? - MarilynFL - 7:32pm on 06/18/13 (16)
- We recently redid our kitchen and put in oak flooring. It is very easy to - rhoward2va - 8:53pm on 06/18/13
- Agree - I've had oak in my kitchen since 1976 - cleans easily. [NT] - cheezz - 9:36pm on 06/18/13
- We had tile in our last house and it is very unforgiving. Oak flooring all around in - charlie - 10:58pm on 06/18/13
- Are there any problems with carpenter ants there? [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 11:38pm on 06/18/13
- Good question, Marg. I'll check with my contractor. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:59am on 06/19/13
- Only wood! Love it throughout - colleenmomof2 - 12:28am on 06/19/13
- Love Love my hardwood kitchen floor [LINK] - MoNJ - 2:02am on 06/19/13
- Wood. Absolutely. - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:16am on 06/19/13
- Ladies and gentlemen, we have a consensus: wood it is! [my one big splurge] [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:00am on 06/19/13
- YEAH! I love my hardwood kitchen floor too. [NT] - Barbara in VA - 12:35pm on 06/19/13
- We put wood in the home we built 10 years ago and love it! - deb-in-MI - 1:01pm on 06/19/13
- You've already decided, but I vote "No" on tile - hard on your body and on anything you drop. :) [NT] - LisainLA - 3:47pm on 06/19/13
- Wood: contiguous look thru house; much easier on feet [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:44pm on 06/19/13
- My chef friend put cork flooring in her kitchen. Loved it. [NT] - Traca - 6:37am on 06/23/13
- We almost put in cork floors . . . then remembered we have cats who were sharpening their claws in - Steve2 in LA - 11:09pm on 06/23/13
- Do you have mats on those concrete floors? [NT] - Traca - 11:48pm on 06/24/13