Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
I only buy wild caught fish, every time I read about farmed fish it turns my stomach.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24507 at 1:38 am on Jun 20, 2013
I can do this because I rarely eat fish. We did happen to find some very excellent tilapia at our local market - of course when I went back for more they were sold out, and I've never seen that particular variety again. My niece likes it, so whenever she came to visit we'd grill some for dinner.
If we ate it more often, I'd have to carefully research the farmed stuff to find some that are farmed in an "appropriate" way.
I thought it was interesting the point the article made about tilapia being far lower in the healthy omega 3 fatty acids than other varieties.
Other messages in this thread:
- 24507. Any Tilapia recipes? We always do the same, blackened or with a lemon sauce - deb-in-MI - 12:35pm on 06/17/13 (21)
- THis is really good; a number of us on eat.at have enjoyed it. Rec: mediterranian fish [LINK] - barb_b - 1:19pm on 06/17/13
- This was delicious! I didn't have all the ingredients - deb-in-MI - 10:08am on 06/19/13
- Glad you enjoyed it! So easy and so pretty! [NT] - barb_b - 10:52am on 06/19/13
- Perfect; thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:08pm on 06/17/13
- We like tilapia as well. Here are a few of my go-to recipes. Rec: Grilled Fish Tacos [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:03pm on 06/17/13
- Rec: Pan-Seared Tilapia with Chile Lime Butter - Pat-NoCal - 3:03pm on 06/17/13
- Oh yeah! I didn't like this at all!! - Michael in Sarasota - 10:58pm on 06/17/13
- :-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 3:42am on 06/18/13
- Rec: Spicy Sauteed Fish with Olives and Cherry Tomatoes - Pat-NoCal - 3:04pm on 06/17/13
- They all sound good; thank you! We eat it weekly so these are a big help:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:06pm on 06/17/13
- Rec: Red Snapper Veracruzana. I use this recipe all the time, adapting it to - Pat-NoCal - 3:07pm on 06/17/13
- This is one of my all time favorite recipes. I love Veracruzana-style dishes. - Dawn_MO - 4:08pm on 06/17/13
- I'm printing this out for a nice piece of halibut. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:04pm on 06/17/13
- On the list to try are these as well.... - Pat-NoCal - 3:13pm on 06/17/13
- I don't like tilapia, but here's a recipe from my to-try list that can be used for tilapia: - Meryl - 8:47pm on 06/17/13
- Here's another from my to-try list: Egyptian Red Snapper in Red Pepper-Mint Sauce [LINK] - Meryl - 8:56pm on 06/17/13
- Grilled tilapia with Mango Salsa is excellent. [LINK] - Lana in FL - 11:08pm on 06/17/13
- Tilapia Species Taste Variation - Richard in Cincy - 1:16pm on 06/18/13
- I also use tilapia, mostly because it does not taste "fishy"...but read on, as it may not be as [LINK] - judy-mass - 12:31pm on 06/19/13
- I only buy wild caught fish, every time I read about farmed fish it turns my stomach. - LisainLA - 1:38am on 06/20/13