Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Granola Bar ....These are delicious. I've made them many times and we
Joined: Feb 25, 2006
Posted to Thread #24568 at 7:06 pm on Jun 26, 2013
have not tired of them. My favorite combination that I've stuck with is dried cherries and chocolate chips instead of raisins.
I appreciate that these are fast to make. It does a number on the shoulder mixing so now I use my stand mixer. I don't mix the liquids separately, I just put all in the mixer and it works well that way.
This recipe comes from Food 52
This bar can be whatever you want it to be. Add different kinds of dried fruits, different nuts, or different nut butters. It's all good. Mix, wrap, and enjoy! - Gena Hamshaw
o 2 1/2 cups rolled or quick oats
o 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
o 1/2cup raisins
o 2/3 cups peanut or almond butter, or other nut butter
o 1/2 to 2/3cup agave nectar or brown rice syrup (adjust based on how well things stick together) (me-coconut nectar)
o 1/8teaspoon sea salt (adjust based on which nut butter you use)
1. Mix oats, pumpkin seeds, and raisins in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together nut butter, sweetener, and sea salt. Pour into oat mixture, and mix well, till everything is sticky and combined. If it's too dry, add a bit more agave.
3. Press mixture into a shallow baking dish that you've lined with foil or saran wrap. Cover with more foil/saran, press well into the baking dish, and refrigerate for 4 hours. Cut into bar shapes, wrap, and keep refrigerated till ready to use. They will last two weeks in the fridge.
Honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar
Dried cherries, apricots ,mango bits
Chocolate, white or butterscotch chips
Other messages in this thread:
- 24568. Granola Bar ....These are delicious. I've made them many times and we - Marsha tbay - 7:06pm on 06/26/13 (7)
- Thanks Marsha - I just cleaned and reorganized my pantry and found lots of goodies to use in this. [NT] - LisainLA - 9:42pm on 06/26/13
- These sound great - and good/easy for me to do/snack on till I'm back on my feet. Thank you! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:20am on 06/27/13
- These are really good - a keeper! They sort of remind me of a much healthier version - LisainLA - 8:41pm on 06/28/13
- I have lots of ball recipes with fewer ingredients, if you'd like me to share? On these, I wanted - Marsha tbay - 8:54pm on 06/29/13
- These are on my no bake try list when I can get to the store "The Best No-Bake Bars You'll Ever Eat" [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 1:21am on 06/30/13
- These look really good - I love chocolate + coconut. [NT] - LisainLA - 2:17am on 06/30/13
- Thanks for sharing this, Maria! yum! I have a loooooong list of no bakes to try. [NT] - Marsha tbay - 3:17am on 06/30/13