Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Blueberry season has begun here... Rec Blueberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24759 at 7:52 pm on Jul 27, 2013
from Allrecipes.com In my in-box today. It sounded good, so I'm passing it along:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 5/8 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in blueberries.
Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the batter in the pan. Spoon remaining batter over the top, and then sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over. Use a knife or thin spatula to swirl the sugar layer into the cake.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan over a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate, and tap firmly to remove from the pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 24759. Blueberry season has begun here... Rec Blueberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake - DawnNYS - 7:52pm on 07/27/13 (13)
- Mini blueberry crisps from fresh but bruised berries - colleenmomof2 - 8:32pm on 07/27/13
- REC: Tons Of Blueberry Coffee Cake - one of my favorites - [LINK] - Meryl - 3:47am on 07/28/13
- Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 11:21am on 07/28/13
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 11:25am on 07/28/13
- Fresh Blueberry Pie - rhoward2va - 11:27am on 07/28/13
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 11:29am on 07/28/13
- Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars - cyalexa2 - 1:21am on 07/29/13
- Shtritzlach (Toronto Blueberry Buns) - Sylvia - 10:46am on 07/29/13
- These sound delicious! I found a great article about the buns' history. Fascinating! [NT] [LINK] - ErininNY - 1:07pm on 07/29/13
- That was interesting. I actually have never heard of them. The bakery, for sure. - Marg CDN2 - 4:50pm on 07/29/13
- another blueberry muffin recipe - without too much oil - emtd - 10:20pm on 07/29/13
- thanks, these look really good. here is the link [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 7:03pm on 07/31/13
- Thank you - I thought I had made a link. Sorry about that. [NT] - emtd - 8:26pm on 07/31/13