Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
He did mean for me to start right now :(
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24796 at 11:32 pm on Aug 9, 2013
he knows I've done some of this before and he said the more I could push myself the better it would be for my recovery*. He said waiting/going slow can actually cause things to take a lot longer to heal, so he wants me to push through the pain, but I can barely put my foot on the ground. I can hobble a little with the boot on, which he doesn't want me in, but said I could "if I had to."
I'm glad this pain level sounds normal, I thought something was wrong or I was being extra wimpy or something.
*He also thought it would take a long time for me to get in to PT as he'd heard of problems, but I already have an appt for next week.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 24796. Heather in SF... - Richard in Cincy - 3:51pm on 08/05/13 (16)
- Hi Richard! - Heather_in_SF - 5:27pm on 08/05/13
- Heather, how was your Bay Area Food Bloggers picnic? - MariaDNoCA - 7:02pm on 08/05/13
- It was a lot of fun, see above Weekend 6. I had to use a low chair, because of the ankle - Heather_in_SF - 10:38pm on 08/05/13
- How many people did you have? What were your memorable/favorite dishes? [NT] - Traca - 3:03am on 08/06/13
- I was a bad food blogger and did not document things, haha! - Heather_in_SF - 7:31pm on 08/06/13
- Sounds delish! - MariaDNoCA - 4:04am on 08/06/13
- NFRC for MariaDNoCA: - Heather_in_SF - 7:16pm on 08/06/13
- Thanks for the info - ha, I have lizard skin on good foot now. - MariaDNoCA - 5:56am on 08/07/13
- Maria - Heather_in_SF - 5:15pm on 08/07/13
- The cast is off!!! (Is it suppose to hurt this much?) NFRC - MariaDNoCA - 1:08am on 08/09/13
- Maria, I was in a cast for 6 months and "yes" it DOES hurt that much. Your supporting muscles, - Steve2 in LA - 9:56am on 08/09/13
- Isn't your doctor going to have you do any physical therapy? - Dawn_MO - 12:17pm on 08/09/13
- Yes, but he said it's good to go and start doing stuff right away - MariaDNoCA - 2:42pm on 08/09/13
- Oh yes, I started with PT and they had me doing tiny tiny movements - Heather_in_SF - 4:38pm on 08/09/13
- He did mean for me to start right now :( - MariaDNoCA - 11:32pm on 08/09/13
- I'm glad you can do the PT. I recently had reason to use it, am amazed at how much good it has done [NT] - Curious1 - 2:16am on 08/11/13