Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks, Gretchen and Sdyastara for the info. I've never tasted flounder; I just know they have
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #2828 at 3:36 am on Jul 31, 2006
both eyes on on side like halibut.
As far as big halibut go, I've noticed that they can be tough. Has anyone else had the same experience? My dad caught a big one in Alaska and proudly brought home frozen filets. I told him how much we enjoyed it, but I didn't mention that we enjoyed it as soup stock. The salmon seem to always be tender no matter the size.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2828. For Randi and Andrea:: Poached Salmon with Cucumber Sauce - Joe - 11:03pm on 07/30/06 (14)
- oh my, that sounds a winner! thank you for posting, I'll try towards the end of the week. [NT] - Randi - 11:17pm on 07/30/06
- This looks like a good one to try, Joe. Thanks... - AndreainDC - 11:36pm on 07/30/06
- it's a relatively mild, firm fleshed fish. it's very good and is availble here.. - Randi - 11:45pm on 07/30/06
- Here on the west coast it's easy to come by. I believe flounder is similar... - Joe - 11:46pm on 07/30/06
- I think they are in the same "family" except they are flounder on steriods! they can get.. [LINK] - Randi - 11:59pm on 07/30/06
- Mild but halibut are much much firmer. Flounder is not a steak fish like halibut. - Durward - 12:48am on 07/31/06
- Yep, they are similar in looks when they are alive, but - skyastara - 1:51am on 07/31/06
- Thanks, Gretchen and Sdyastara for the info. I've never tasted flounder; I just know they have - Joe - 3:36am on 07/31/06
- Hmm not sure - skyastara - 4:41am on 07/31/06
- Some fish is good not fully cooked--salmon and tuna come to mind. - Durward - 11:24am on 08/01/06
- Joe, flounder has very mild white flesh. It is not as delicate as sole, - MarkinHouston - 11:09am on 07/31/06
- But it is definitely not a steak fish--very flakey white flesh.A staple on the SE coast. - Durward - 12:15pm on 07/31/06
- It's wonderful fried! - GayleMO - 1:54pm on 07/31/06
- so far, I haven't had tough halibut. can't imagine what happened to your dad's. [NT] - Randi - 4:50pm on 07/31/06