Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It's wonderful fried!
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #2828 at 1:54 pm on Jul 31, 2006
When I lived in Dallas, Tx area in the 1970's you either got catfish or flounder. Both fried. I really liked the flounder since it was so mild tasting.
Might not do well in Joe's poached recipe but it is very nice if you eat fried fish. I rarely do, anymore, but just because I try to stay from fried foods.
Can't wait to try Joe's recipe on salmon. yum
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2828. For Randi and Andrea:: Poached Salmon with Cucumber Sauce - Joe - 11:03pm on 07/30/06 (14)
- oh my, that sounds a winner! thank you for posting, I'll try towards the end of the week. [NT] - Randi - 11:17pm on 07/30/06
- This looks like a good one to try, Joe. Thanks... - AndreainDC - 11:36pm on 07/30/06
- it's a relatively mild, firm fleshed fish. it's very good and is availble here.. - Randi - 11:45pm on 07/30/06
- Here on the west coast it's easy to come by. I believe flounder is similar... - Joe - 11:46pm on 07/30/06
- I think they are in the same "family" except they are flounder on steriods! they can get.. [LINK] - Randi - 11:59pm on 07/30/06
- Mild but halibut are much much firmer. Flounder is not a steak fish like halibut. - Durward - 12:48am on 07/31/06
- Yep, they are similar in looks when they are alive, but - skyastara - 1:51am on 07/31/06
- Thanks, Gretchen and Sdyastara for the info. I've never tasted flounder; I just know they have - Joe - 3:36am on 07/31/06
- Hmm not sure - skyastara - 4:41am on 07/31/06
- Some fish is good not fully cooked--salmon and tuna come to mind. - Durward - 11:24am on 08/01/06
- Joe, flounder has very mild white flesh. It is not as delicate as sole, - MarkinHouston - 11:09am on 07/31/06
- But it is definitely not a steak fish--very flakey white flesh.A staple on the SE coast. - Durward - 12:15pm on 07/31/06
- It's wonderful fried! - GayleMO - 1:54pm on 07/31/06
- so far, I haven't had tough halibut. can't imagine what happened to your dad's. [NT] - Randi - 4:50pm on 07/31/06