Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I searched "english mixed spice" and "welsh mixed spice" and it seems. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #25473 at 11:49 pm on Dec 16, 2013
that mixed spice is similar to our pumpkin pie spice mix: a mix of sweet spices with cinnamon in the foremost.
Link: Welsh mixed spice--make your own
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 25473. What is "mixed spice" from the perspective of an English or Welsh recipe? - Heather_in_SF - 11:46pm on 12/16/13 (5)
- I searched "english mixed spice" and "welsh mixed spice" and it seems. . . [LINK] - mistral - 11:49pm on 12/16/13
- Oh that is interesting, thank you! - Heather_in_SF - 1:35am on 12/17/13
- Heather, search for "Welsh griddle cakes" and you'll see what they look like. Here's [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:30pm on 12/17/13
- It seems to be literally, "mixed spice", usually sweeter spices and can be. . . - mistral - 5:40pm on 12/17/13
- Thank you! I might make them over my holiday break, using my pizza stone. [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 8:40pm on 12/18/13