Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Jill Van Cleave’s Oatmeal Walnut Raisin Cookie
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #2879 at 12:06 am on Aug 3, 2006
(from her "Big Soft Chewy Cookies" book)
1 1/2 cups old-fashion oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350°F
2. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter with both sugars until fluffy and smooth. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and blend until smooth. Stir in the oat mixture, walnuts, and raisins.
4. Using either an individual 1/4 cup measure or a 2-ounce ice-cream scoop, scoop level measures of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets, spacing the scoopfuls 3 inches apart. Bake until edges of cookies are golden brown, about 15 minutes. (Do not overbake.)
5. After removing cookies from oven, let them set for 1 minute. Then use a spatula to transfer cookies to a rack and let cool. .
To prevent hardening, wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days These cookies may also be frozen in a tightly covered container for up to 6 months.
This dough may be used immediately or covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw before baking.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2879. A Tale of Two Cookies - MarilynFL - 12:03am on 08/03/06 (27)
- Reversed-engineered Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - MarilynFL - 12:05am on 08/03/06
- Jill Van Cleave’s Oatmeal Walnut Raisin Cookie - MarilynFL - 12:06am on 08/03/06
- LOL Marilyn. Truly a labor of love. [NT] - AngAk - 12:13am on 08/03/06
- TOO Funny! We almost got in trouble taking pix in Wegmans.... - Music City Missy - 12:44am on 08/03/06
- LOL - I loved the picture of my brain of you running around the aisles taking pictures... - DawnNYS - 7:47pm on 08/03/06
- Oh Marilyn, thank you so much for both the commentary and the laughs!... - Barbara in VA - 1:07am on 08/03/06
- OMG, Marilyn- I woke my husband up I was laughing so loudly! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 2:00am on 08/03/06
- Cook's Illustrated need YOU on their staff!! Just send that posting in as a resume! [NT] - cheezz - 3:17am on 08/03/06
- I agree whole heartedly! What a delightful "article"! [NT] - Debbie_in_GA - 1:54pm on 08/03/06
- I'm waving my hand to second that!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:02pm on 08/03/06
- beautiful. [NT] - rvb - 11:53am on 08/03/06
- Oh, Marilyn.....you are such a hoot! [NT] - GayleMO - 1:07pm on 08/03/06
- Wow! I'd love to play with you in your kitchen sometime! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:00pm on 08/03/06
- Scoop-breaking news... [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:39pm on 08/03/06
- Cute, cute, cute! very funny and informative. Thanks for the laugh...you are amazing! [NT] - LUV2COOK - 4:09pm on 08/03/06
- LOL - Marilyn, I hope you keep your writings, they are just amazing and some of... - Randi - 5:00pm on 08/03/06
- Most excellent, Marilyn! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 5:39pm on 08/03/06
- LOL!! Another great epic! Marilyn San, there’s a sweet soul who wants to talk to you… [LINK] - Sandy_in_Philly - 6:27pm on 08/03/06
- oh Sandy, I'm just rolling..... ! [NT] - Randi - 8:08pm on 08/03/06
- Me too! PS: my sweater asked if we could set up a date with Dolly. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:18am on 08/04/06
- That's so funny....! [NT] - joanietoo - 3:16pm on 08/04/06
- Yes! Yes! I love Randi's idea of you writing a cookbook! Too funny. Thanks for the update! [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:50pm on 08/03/06
- ...and thank you for the samples! [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:57am on 08/04/06
- Marilyn, you are a gifted writer! Perhaps you would consider starting your own food blog? - Carianna in WA - 8:21pm on 08/03/06
- Aw honey, I'm neither spontaneous nor clever enough to blog daily. But thanks.... - MarilynFL - 11:57am on 08/04/06
- Bravo, once again, as always, Mar!!!!!!!!!!! NT [NT] - Moyn - 9:18pm on 08/03/06
- What a hoot, what dedication! all that and now the scoop 's not right. Hilarious! [NT] - joanietoo - 2:33am on 08/04/06