Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Advice: get more traps because. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #25543 at 2:59 pm on Jan 2, 2014
Around here we like "Victor" traps. When we use them we use lots. Always, some traps will get cleaned of without catching anything, but then there are the "killer" traps that always catch something, and will always be the ones to catch something, even though those other traps get cleaned out. I guess them mousies get used to eating from the "no-kill" traps and then try to feast from the "killers" and get caught!
It seems to me that when I examine the Killer traps, they are always more hair trigger and will just about spring shut when I breath on them--and that is why they are soooo good.
Another tip: Don't put a whole lot of bait on the trap--ya want them little beggars to have to work at getting a snack. The more they work, the more chance the trap has of catching them. Also rotate positions of the traps at least just a little every time you set them out. Seems to help.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 25543. Sorta-FRC: Mice. In my kitchen. Ruining my New Year's Eve. - ErininNY - 6:38pm on 12/31/13 (22)
- Peppermint Oil. Put a few drops on a cotton ball and tuck it wherever you think they are entering - Joe - 7:06pm on 12/31/13
- Yep - good 100% oil. - Music City Missy - 7:19pm on 12/31/13
- I've bought it at Whole Foods in the aromatherapy section. Don't ask, but it works for rats too. [NT] - Joe - 7:35pm on 12/31/13
- Thanks, Joe; I was wondering if that kind was ok. Little reluctant to do it in a house with a baby, - ErininNY - 1:42pm on 01/02/14
- Only for a few days. With a baby I would suggest using it very sparingly only at the entrance point - Joe - 6:27pm on 01/05/14
- Thanks for the tips. Guess I'll lean on our super to get out the foam insulation. :( [NT] - ErininNY - 1:40pm on 01/02/14
- Peanut butter, bacon and cheddar has the best rep here. [NT] - EvaN - 4:00am on 01/01/14
- Geez, now I know what I have in common with mice and rats [I was hoping for a recipe]. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:23pm on 01/01/14
- Thanks Marilyn, I hadn't had a hearty laugh today. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:00pm on 01/02/14
- REC: MarilynFL treats (AKA PB-Bacon-cheezers mouse bait): - mistral - 3:09pm on 01/02/14
- [squeeeaaaakkkkk!!!!] [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:02pm on 01/02/14
- Mice treats? - Glennis_NoCA - 8:13pm on 01/01/14
- Thank you. Raw, right? Also, if anyone's had success w/ a particular kind of trap, please - ErininNY - 1:43pm on 01/02/14
- They ate all the peanut butter off the traps, last night. >:( Grrr. [NT] - ErininNY - 1:42pm on 01/02/14
- Advice: get more traps because. . . - mistral - 2:59pm on 01/02/14
- That is disconcerting. Take no prisoners; careful about M, but get them.... [LINK] - barb_b - 5:46pm on 01/02/14
- I ordered those exact ones (arrived yesterday)--is there a way to adjust the sensitivity? [NT] - ErininNY - 7:37pm on 01/02/14
- I don't think there is any way to adjust. . . - mistral - 11:49pm on 01/02/14
- Never have an empty trap again--this is sure fire! - MoNJ - 8:12am on 01/03/14
- Dat sounds good! I will have to remember the raisin-anchor trick . . . - mistral - 2:34pm on 01/03/14
- Trying this today. Caught one in a different kind of trap last night. - ErininNY - 1:52pm on 01/04/14
- HA!! We NEVER have mickey mouse visits in the suburbs : ) [NT] - barb_b - 2:20pm on 01/04/14