Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Hi GeorgiaRose- here are some answers
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #25607 at 6:49 pm on Jan 18, 2014
I'm glad you enjoy the recipe. I can't seem to ever make enough of these- and the Cadbury Royal Dark Chocolate bars are so good.
I am going to post the recipe for the cookies in case I changed something else since you saw it last. I went to 1 lb butter in the double batch and no, the cookies do not spread too far.
I haven't tried this chocolate in the flourless chocolate cake but it is a great idea and I will use it next time I make it. Duh. I couldn't even figure that out.
Here is the cookie recipe- I use my KA to make them:
INCREDIBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Makes about 18 doubled version in ()
2-1/2 (5) c all-purpose flour:
½ (1) tsp baking soda
1 (2) tsp fine salt
½ (1) lb unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 (2) c dark brown sugar
½ (1) c white sugar
1-1/2 (3) Tbsp good vanilla extract
1 (2) large egg
1 (2) large egg yolk
12 oz (24) Cadbury Royal Dark Chocolate squares, broken apart
1 (2) c chopped and toasted walnuts or pecans
1 tsp (1T) candied ginger- optional
Sift together and set aside: flour, baking soda, salt.
Stir together melted butter, brown sugars and vanilla. Add the egg then the yolk and beat well. Stir in the dry ingredients then fold in the chocolate and pecans.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheets (I use parchment paper). Drop about ¼ cup of dough for each cookie on sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown. Remove from sheets immediately and cool.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25607. ISO CathyZ - I have a couple of questions for you - GeorgiaRose - 4:20pm on 01/18/14 (9)
- Hi GeorgiaRose- here are some answers - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:49pm on 01/18/14
- Cathy, these sound just wonderful. and so great about the Cadbury choc. our Fred Meyer often has - AngAk1 - 7:40pm on 01/20/14
- $1? Ohmygosh Ang on special I pay $2.59. Reg $2.99! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:20pm on 01/21/14
- it's a 10/$10 special----when they have other stuff on special like that too. FM is Kroger [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:34pm on 01/21/14
- Thanks so much for your response! - GeorgiaRose - 2:48pm on 01/22/14
- I am so glad you tried it. I will most definitely give it a whirl too. You are brilliant! [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:56pm on 01/23/14
- Great idea! Ginger in choc chip cookies [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 8:50pm on 01/23/14
- Cathy, was it the Cadbury Dark you liked when you were - Pat-NoCal - 4:24pm on 01/22/14
- Yes, Pat. That is how I discovered that particular chocolate. Wow- good memory [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:54pm on 01/23/14