Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Have any of you taken a cheese-making class?
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #25641 at 4:06 pm on Jan 25, 2014
I'm considering this one through my local farmer's market. Does it end up being too expensive to bother with?
"Making Cheese with Rosey Ridge Farm - Feb. 1, 10am - 1pm *
Learn to make Mozzarella, Feta, and Cheddar in your own kitchen with Dairy Farmer BethAnn Hooley from Rosey Ridge Farm. Using milk fresh from the farm, students will learn technique, recipes, essential tools & ingredients needed to make cheese. Students will take home Rosey Ridge Farm Cheddar Cheese, Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (made in class), and recipes & the know¬how to make cheese @ home! Rosey Ridge Farm is an all natural, chemical free, fully licensed and inspected Grade A Retail Raw Dairy with Jersey and Jersey Brown Swiss cows, offering raw milk and other dairy products, including Raw Aged Cheese from the dairy......February 1, 10am - 1pm, $40......at Gecko Hardware 10233 E. NW Highway, Dallas"
Other messages in this thread:
- 25641. Have any of you taken a cheese-making class? - Melissa Dallas - 4:06pm on 01/25/14 (6)
- For $40, that's a deal. I have taken a class in cheesemaking and found it very interesting. It - Traca - 4:10pm on 01/25/14
- Traca is right, that's a bargin. - cyalexa2 - 6:17pm on 01/25/14
- I bought this book last year. It's fascinating reading but also totally doable recipes. Money well [LINK] - Traca - 7:41pm on 01/25/14
- thanks for the recommendation - cyalexa2 - 11:47pm on 01/25/14
- Thank you! I signed up. I'll take a look at the book too. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:32am on 01/26/14
- Have not taken a class but have made plenty of cheese- that class looks great - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:45am on 01/26/14