Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Go Seahawks! I'm very excited but it's just the 2 of us. I'm making
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #25669 at 10:56 pm on Jan 31, 2014
what I call Southwestern Soup, a recipe a friend gave me many years ago, and black bean tostadas for earlier in the day. And then game time will just be hummus with pita wedges and crab in cocktail sauce over a block of cream cheese with crackers. Let's Go Seahawks!
2 tablespoons butter
1 bunch scallions -- chopped
1 yellow pepper -- chopped
1 clove garlic -- minced
4 to 5 jalapeno peppers -- seeded and chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1# ground chicken
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cans Northern beans
1/2 cup cream
2 cups chicken broth
Heat butter in large pot and saute vegetables and seasonings until tender. Add chicken and cook till just done. Remove mixture and set aside.
In same pan, melt butter; add flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly add cream while whisking and cook until smooth and thick. Add chicken broth and stir until blended. Stir in beans and chicken mixture. Simmer 30 minutes. Adjust seasonings and serve with grated cheese.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25669. Game Day Food! Whatcha making? Whatcha eating? What do you wish/want to be eating? Bonus for recipes - MariaDNoCA - 3:58pm on 01/31/14 (14)
- Definitely some of these... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:39pm on 01/31/14
- And a few of these... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:40pm on 01/31/14
- these look great - cyalexa2 - 6:55pm on 01/31/14
- Thank you. This recipe is the one from Rick Bayless. I highly recommend it. [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:09pm on 01/31/14
- thanks, I'm a Bayless fan; have you tried: - cyalexa2 - 2:36am on 02/01/14
- My husband is making his friends his famous Parmesan crusted chicken [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 6:57pm on 01/31/14
- The recipe calls for "seasoned breadcrumbs". Does that mean the Italian seasoned? [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:01pm on 01/31/14
- Yep - that's what he uses. We tried it w/ fresh breadcrumbs once and it was a big disappointment [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:18pm on 01/31/14
- Just us two, so not too exciting, copy cat soft pretzels, popper dip, Tyler Florence fried chix - MoNJ - 8:25pm on 01/31/14
- Tyler's fried chicken recipe is my very favorite! [NT] - Traca - 5:08am on 02/01/14
- Go Seahawks! I'm very excited but it's just the 2 of us. I'm making - orchid - 10:56pm on 01/31/14
- #GoHawks! We're having my mom's crab puffs, 2 loaves (yes 2) of crack bread, and pulled pork sliders - Carianna in WA - 5:43pm on 02/02/14
- I'm so dang anxious! Good luck to us Carianna and Go Hawks!! [NT] - orchid - 8:21pm on 02/02/14
- I quickly made the black bean" hummus" in t&t to bring along to friends. Veggies and chips to dip [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 9:27pm on 02/02/14