Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This has my name all over it. Rec: layered Salad. Can you tell I am ready for spring!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #25733 at 12:24 am on Feb 16, 2014
I think I would add a layer or two of goat cheese or feta to help keep the integrity of the layers...
3 medium yellow or green zucchini
4 medium carrots
1/2 small red onion
1 - 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. With a vegetable peeler or mandoline shave zucchini in thin strips. Salt lightly, then transfer to colander to drain, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, shave carrots in strips and thinly slice onion.
2. Rinse zucchini and drain in colander. To assemble salad, in a 2-quart square dish layer one-third each of zucchini, lettuce carrots, and onion. For dressing, in a glass measuring cup whisk together lemon juice and oil. Drizzle some of the dressing on layered vegetables. Repeat layering and dressing twice. Cover and refridgerate 1 hour or up to 12 hours before serving.
3. To serve, sprinkle salad with fresh dill and pepper. Cut salad in rectangles with a sharp knife; lift out with a spatula.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25733. This has my name all over it. Rec: layered Salad. Can you tell I am ready for spring! [LINK] - barb_b - 12:24am on 02/16/14 (3)
- So not ready for spring...we had it already and winter just started last week. Our flowering trees - KarenNoCA - 12:35am on 02/16/14
- what a nice twist on the old layered salad. [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:59pm on 02/17/14
- This would be great for the cafe. I am always struggling for side dishes/salads. - Dawn_MO - 7:02pm on 03/19/14