Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lisa - LA||
Does anyone have a T & T recipe for Japanese Curry? It is so good, I'd love
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #25746 at 4:36 am on Feb 23, 2014
to make it at home from scratch.
I've used the packaged curry roux blocks from the local Marukai market, and while the flavor is perfect, the saltiness is too over the top, even for me the salt lover.
I've found a couple of promising ones online, but thought I'd ask my friends first before diving in to a new recipe.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25746. Does anyone have a T & T recipe for Japanese Curry? It is so good, I'd love - LisainLA - 4:36am on 02/23/14 (8)
- Lisa, haven't made this, but enjoyed it twice at the Japanese pavilion in Epcot - MarilynFL - 9:31pm on 02/23/14
- Here is a taste test for Japanese curry products: [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:31pm on 02/23/14
- Thanks for this! I am actually looking for a sauce that is completely from scratch - LisainLA - 12:06am on 02/24/14
- And they are truly a "roux", as the fat content is high. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 12:55am on 02/24/14
- I will admit I don't watch my fat intake as closely as total calories - 7 grams per serving - LisainLA - 1:05am on 02/28/14
- I asked my Japanese friends and they all use the box mix, the golden one... - Heather_in_SF - 6:31pm on 02/27/14
- That's what we use, too. Reminds me...I have a box to use up :) [NT] - cheezz - 10:02pm on 02/27/14
- Thanks Heather and Cheezz - I will let you know when I give it a try, probably next weekend. [NT] - LisainLA - 1:01am on 02/28/14