Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It looks perfect. There's a trick you might try later on...
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #25811 at 3:52 am on Mar 17, 2014
After the loaf rises, it is flipped over onto the peel, then slashed. That way the drier side ends up on the hot baking surface, and the softer underside is on top. It could help the oven spring a bit, though this doesn't look like it needs it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25811. Weekend Breadcapades... Sourdough Bread round 2 w/pictures - MariaDNoCA - 7:33pm on 03/16/14 (15)
- Wow! That looks fantastic! Congratulations! And don't forget to send me a slice! [NT] - Meryl - 7:54pm on 03/16/14
- Just beautiful. Can't imagine a better round [NT] - AngAk1 - 8:01pm on 03/16/14
- looks great [NT] - cyalexa2 - 12:42am on 03/17/14
- It looks perfect. There's a trick you might try later on... - Joe - 3:52am on 03/17/14
- Yeah... - MariaDNoCA - 4:52am on 03/17/14
- Oh, man, I have never heard of that one--Great tip, will be trying soon. Thanks! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 7:31pm on 03/17/14
- Absolutely, two thumbs up! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 6:38am on 03/17/14
- Oh how I'd love a slice! Great job Maria [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:51am on 03/17/14
- That, my dear, is deserving of a fabulous bowl of soup. Or perfect salad. Or great sauce. - MarilynFL - 11:44am on 03/17/14
- The salt was better, but next time I'm going to add a bit more - MariaDNoCA - 5:14pm on 03/17/14
- Wow! That's a good looking bread--congrats--you've finally conquered! [NT] - MoNJ - 12:30pm on 03/17/14
- I'm sooo excited for you! I have been watching your posts w/ questions re: breadmaking. I am so - barb_b - 12:43pm on 03/17/14
- Go for it - I was scared of yeast too!!!!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:19pm on 03/17/14
- WOW! Maria, that looks fabulous! Great job. [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:17pm on 03/17/14
- Chomp! I so love sourdough bread and I congratulate you for your success! [NT] - FloriSandy - 2:14am on 03/20/14