Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It is such a fun place to work.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #25815 at 10:12 pm on Mar 18, 2014
Upstairs there is another company owned by the owner that does marketing. They put on flower shows, antique shows, etc. They come out and eat lunch everyday I am there. The owner treats me so well. In exchange for renting the kitchen and dining area, I cater events for him. Like the vendor xmas party. It works out great for all involved. I lucked into this opportunity and am thankful for it. I quit the Farmer's Market this year so I can concentrate on the cafe. In San Diego, the weather was nice and it was year round. Here the market goes from April through October. And the weather, well it is Missouri. I am looking forward to concentrating on the cafe. It is like a big family and everyone wants to help each other. It's not even like a job. LOL! Thanks for the nice comments you made. I appreciate it.
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. �Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 25815. The antique store that my cafe is located in is having an Altered Art Show - Dawn_MO - 1:36pm on 03/17/14 (15)
- Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie? Pudding cup w/ banana chunk w/ cookie - MarilynFL - 4:29pm on 03/17/14
- I came across this and thought it might be cute done with dinner rolls or something [LINK] [IMAGE] - Dawn_MO - 6:04pm on 03/17/14
- Love the look of the cake; makes me smile : ) I have seen sushi "rolls" made out of bread... - barb_b - 7:48pm on 03/17/14
- I googled "funny food" take a look. [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 10:41pm on 03/18/14
- Ya gotta love the drum set! And gosh that would be easy to do. [NT] - orchid - 11:18pm on 03/18/14
- wow [NT] - AngAk1 - 11:01pm on 03/17/14
- Hi Dawn! I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for; but this salad might be fun w/ your cake [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 7:42pm on 03/17/14
- I know they are out of season, but perhaps cherry toms stuffed w/ a salad? [NT] - barb_b - 8:07pm on 03/17/14
- And I am still pushing for someone to try the rec posted by magnolia. Beet and Goat Cheese Jewels [LINK] - barb_b - 8:16pm on 03/17/14
- This makes me think of food that looks like something else... [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 11:42pm on 03/17/14
- Oh! I was not sure what Altered Art was. I was thinking that the food had a different "surprise" - barb_b - 11:28am on 03/18/14
- Here Barb. These are some images from the antique store. [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 6:48pm on 03/18/14
- Love, love, love places like this! This is not at all what I thought of, when you said you were - barb_b - 8:54pm on 03/18/14
- It is such a fun place to work. - Dawn_MO - 10:12pm on 03/18/14
- you sound happy. settling in finally to life in MO! If I remember corrrectly, it's been a challenge - AngAk1 - 5:07pm on 03/19/14