Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I wan't to make Julia Child's Gigot a la Moutarde again that Sylvia posted for a mini block party
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #25875 at 1:36 am on Apr 6, 2014
BBQ Easter dinner with three of my neighbors. This time, I want to grill either a bone-in leg-O-lamb (not to exceed my 22" charcoal grill) or buy a big boneless butterflied leg.
I plan to marinate the lamb as I did before overnight. My question is, do you think the recipe is grillable?? I sure hope so!
My neighbor is making a potato guyere gratin and ratatouille which I think will go nicely.
I'm making my "signature" Smoked Salmon on Rye Crisbits® with Horseradish Cream and a neighbor will be bringing a cheese plate with crackers. I'll also serve good sourdough bread with Danish Lurpak butter.
We'll sit by my big Weber charcoal grill noshing on appys and then sit down for a proper meal on the patio of my neighbor's who will bring out the fine china and real silverware.
I'm so excited!! They'll bring the wine and will chip in. We are four of us including myself. My new neighbors come from Connecticut, Maine, NY/Wash. DC. I see a trend here... ;)
Edited to say that my neighbor will be making lemon curd tarts from scratch for dessert.
Link: Julia Child's Gigot a la Moutarde
Other messages in this thread:
- 25875. I wan't to make Julia Child's Gigot a la Moutarde again that Sylvia posted for a mini block party [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 1:36am on 04/06/14 (6)
- There are few things more delectable than a grilled lamb - Charley - 10:37am on 04/06/14
- Charley, I've never grilled lamb before and I so appreciate your warning - FloriSandy - 2:24am on 04/07/14
- You can grill it but here is what I would do to "preserve" the mustard coating - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:17pm on 04/06/14
- Cathy, I have yet to make your great-looking recipe but will one day! - FloriSandy - 3:26am on 04/07/14
- Yes I just put the pan on the grill and put the lamb in - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:18pm on 04/07/14
- Thanks!! [NT] - FloriSandy - 1:56am on 04/08/14