Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
You can grill it but here is what I would do to "preserve" the mustard coating
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #25875 at 5:17 pm on Apr 6, 2014
I have a very favorite recipe I make a lot- grilled butterflied leg of lamb with a mustard/wine/oil/rosemary marinade. It flares radically if put directly on the grill so I "grill" in or on a throwaway aluminum pan until just about done. Then I finish the lamb directly on the grill. This preserves the marinade so it does not burn but still ends up with a grill "char" at the end. I haven't made Julia's recipe but can tell by the ingredients that this method would work well.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25875. I wan't to make Julia Child's Gigot a la Moutarde again that Sylvia posted for a mini block party [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 1:36am on 04/06/14 (6)
- There are few things more delectable than a grilled lamb - Charley - 10:37am on 04/06/14
- Charley, I've never grilled lamb before and I so appreciate your warning - FloriSandy - 2:24am on 04/07/14
- You can grill it but here is what I would do to "preserve" the mustard coating - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:17pm on 04/06/14
- Cathy, I have yet to make your great-looking recipe but will one day! - FloriSandy - 3:26am on 04/07/14
- Yes I just put the pan on the grill and put the lamb in - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:18pm on 04/07/14
- Thanks!! [NT] - FloriSandy - 1:56am on 04/08/14