Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
I'd like to strongly recommend your reading "From Scratch: Inside the Food Network" by Allen Salkin.
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #25883 at 10:57 am on Apr 8, 2014
Not only is this a fascinating read about a relatively recent phenomena (The Television Food Network) but a walk down memory lane for those of us who were around when it was being born.
I remember many of the occurrences from watching them the first time around (I mean, if you saw the "Too Hot Tamales" episode where they cooked geoduck . . . it's virtually impossible to forget) and the first hand perspective of what was ACTUALLY going on back then (20 years ago, kidz!) is illuminating.
Anyway, I got a copy at the library. Give it a scan.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25883. I'd like to strongly recommend your reading "From Scratch: Inside the Food Network" by Allen Salkin. - Steve2 in LA - 10:57am on 04/08/14 (6)
- Geoduck. Ya...who was the first person brave/hungry enough to eat that? [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:34am on 04/08/14
- Reserved. Thank you for the recommendation. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:25pm on 04/08/14
- Larry picked it up yesterday: "...just keep that woman away from me!" [re: Martha Stewart] [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:54pm on 04/09/14
- thanks! [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:44pm on 04/08/14
- Somehow it seems like more than 20 years. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:14pm on 04/08/14
- Always appreciate your recommendations. Thank you! [NT] - Traca - 8:18am on 04/09/14