Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yep. And how heart-breaking it is to not have them macerate like they used to?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #25884 at 5:27 pm on Apr 8, 2014
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25884. Traca, thank you for recommending Zuni Cafe Cookbook. I was able to get it on Interlibrary loan - MarilynFL - 12:12pm on 04/08/14 (17)
- Your post reminds me of the way Cook's Illustrated goes on and on about his methods and tests - KarenNoCA - 3:08pm on 04/08/14
- No...I'M the one saying Florida fruit is useless. Even organic stuff at Whole Foods has no taste. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:16pm on 04/08/14
- Hate to burst your bubble, but Florida is not Strawberry Capital of the USA, CA is... [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 4:58pm on 04/08/14
- CA has 88% of the US market (according to the CA Strawberry Commission) [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:00pm on 04/08/14
- Ah, I was referencing: "Plant City, FL is known as the winter strawberry capital of the world" [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:12pm on 04/08/14
- I don't know what is happening to the strawberries we ate just a few short years ago - KarenNoCA - 5:22pm on 04/08/14
- Yep. And how heart-breaking it is to not have them macerate like they used to? [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:27pm on 04/08/14
- Been wondering the same thing. I remember 10 years ago, anxious for January when - Marg CDN2 - 7:11pm on 04/08/14
- This is why I'm growing my own! (Plus, it's not good strawberry time till May-June) - MariaDNoCA - 1:01am on 04/11/14
- but by that time, we have our own brewing and don't have to rely on Calif. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 4:52am on 04/11/14
- I do get better at the FM - I taste or cut open them before I buy. - MariaDNoCA - 1:51am on 04/12/14
- Good for you. I think we should be doing that. I admit to tasting only grapes. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:25pm on 04/23/14
- Ha! It's known as the rare chef book that actually teaches something. :) - Traca - 7:29pm on 04/08/14
- I love my copy of that book. When I made the recipe for her bread dressing - Heather_in_SF - 8:04pm on 04/08/14
- How beautiful! Thanks for sharing that story, Heather. Her gougers are one of the first - Traca - 8:15am on 04/09/14
- Traca, thanks for the mention of Ina's lemon chicken. I made it last night without [LINK] - Curious1 - 5:43pm on 04/10/14
- Yowza! That sounds awesome. I like the bread but have been searching - Traca - 11:21pm on 04/11/14