Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
I don't suppose this is the proper time to mention I have a terrifyingly prolific Key Lime tree in
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #25901 at 12:42 am on Apr 12, 2014
our yard? (Sorry, it's not my fault, I was drawn that way.) In season, we harvest literally buckets of fresh limes and despite endless juicing and massive give-aways, end up throwing away at least 1 bucket of the little-juicy suckers every week due to spoilage. There are 6 giant zip-locks filled with "lime-cubes" in the freezer and they DO come in handy. Anyone with an ice-chest is welcome to drop by for margarita makings.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25901. LIMES !! I may have to give up drinking. Limes are now $1 ea. Where did that bug hit causing - Marg CDN2 - 4:54am on 04/11/14 (17)
- Marg, they are almost as expensive here in Florida. Try an Oriental or Hispanic grocery store. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:54pm on 04/11/14
- Regular limes are $.69 each here. Key limes at the Mexican market are waaay cheaper, and... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:14pm on 04/11/14
- It's a combo of scarcity due to weather and disease, along with the Mexican drug cartel. I wonder [LINK] - Curious1 - 2:10pm on 04/11/14
- Drugs are bad, cartels are evil, and when they start messing with my ceviche needs - Heather_in_SF - 4:42pm on 04/11/14
- Now that is scary. Killing farmers for their land to grow limes. My cocktails are definitely - Marg CDN2 - 5:07pm on 04/11/14
- 4/$5.00... I was buying them to make Michaels cuban skirt steak. I opted for the bottle vs. fresh [LINK] - barb_b - 4:49pm on 04/11/14
- Michael, I think this skirt steak recipe is ready for T&T. I made it and Barb and you and, love [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:29pm on 04/11/14
- I just bought a big bag at Sam's. - cyalexa2 - 7:24pm on 04/11/14
- I buy 2 bags at a time and squeeze them all into mini-ziplocks which I then - Marg CDN2 - 9:04pm on 04/11/14
- I don't suppose this is the proper time to mention I have a terrifyingly prolific Key Lime tree in - Steve2 in LA - 12:42am on 04/12/14
- Ya, I spose not, too. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 1:05am on 04/12/14
- My resto friends say months ago, they got limes for $30/case. Now? $105. [NT] - Traca - 6:10am on 04/12/14
- I just went on another lime hunt. So bad now, that the prices are just being crossed off over & over - Marg CDN2 - 1:04am on 04/12/14
- They were 3/$1 yesterday at Safeway - sounds like I should go grab some. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:25am on 04/12/14
- I'm laughing. Sorry. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:54pm on 04/12/14