Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Can we start a thread on favorite bread recipes? Wild or reg yeast...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #26091 at 7:02 pm on May 25, 2014
We do have a thread on yeast breads, so thought we could start one on sourdough/wild yeast, and/or have all one thread of "bread favorites" both wild or standard yeast.
I'm still trying to find a "house sourdough" so far the Tartine is my favorite, but I'd love to find a flavorful traditional white sourdough. Also interested if we could put together a list of favorite breads for gifting with jam, good breads for a wine/cheese party, and speciality favorites with figs/cheese/or whatever included.
What say you Gail's Finer Eat.At...Got Bread? :-)
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 26091. Can we start a thread on favorite bread recipes? Wild or reg yeast... - MariaDNoCA - 7:02pm on 05/25/14 (27)
- REC: Tartine's Country Bread [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 7:23pm on 05/25/14
- I second this. - cyalexa2 - 1:19am on 05/26/14
- Black Olive Sourdough [NT] [LINK] - SallyBR - 9:53pm on 05/25/14
- Pain de Campagne [NT] [LINK] - SallyBR - 9:56pm on 05/25/14
- REC: 3 Seed Bread... - charlie - 12:31am on 05/26/14
- REC; County Fair Bread...This makes a big beautiful easy to form loaf from James Beard... - charlie - 12:54am on 05/26/14
- Is active dry yeast different from rapid rise? Does yeast brand make a difference? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:57pm on 05/26/14
- Feta, Parmesan & Scallion Rolls [NT] [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 3:23am on 05/26/14
- The Outback Steakhouse bread always works well for me. Nice color [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 5:46am on 05/26/14
- Dawn_MO's English Muffin Bread (love this toasted) [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 9:30pm on 05/27/14
- Cheese Board's Cornmeal Oat Molasses Bread [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 9:46pm on 05/27/14
- Steve? Joe? No favorites to add? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:07pm on 05/27/14
- Richard??? [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 11:25pm on 05/27/14
- I'm particularly fond of the Wild Rice & Onion Bread from Brother Juniperís Bread Book. - Steve2 in LA - 1:54am on 05/28/14
- As well as this recipe for Cornmeal Bread. Can't be beat for toast! - Steve2 in LA - 1:58am on 05/28/14
- I'd also vote for Joe's Sourdough Rye but you need his starter to really make it work. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 1:59am on 05/28/14
- What's in his starter? I do also have an all rye starter going too. Is it all rye? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:42am on 05/28/14
- Just regular soutdough starter--no rye in the starter, and not even so much rye in the bread [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:12am on 05/29/14
- Besides the fig bread and the sourdough rye, I mainly make Julia's French bread from - Joe - 4:17am on 05/29/14
- And I love this fresh sage focaccia. When I cater a party, I roll it out before leaving home and let - Joe - 2:07am on 05/30/14
- thanks! I have some fresh sage growing in the Aerogarden and doing quite well. needed more ideas [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:21pm on 05/30/14
- This no-knead cranberry bread is a winner! [NT] [LINK] - MoNJ - 12:09pm on 06/16/14