Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #2974 at 5:45 pm on Aug 8, 2006
Vegetable oil cooking spray
2 Tbsp wheat (or oat) bran and 1 Tbsp soy flour, mixed together
1 cup soy flour
1/2 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup club soda
1/2 cup blueberries (if not sweet, sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of sugar substitute)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray.
Evenly sprinkle the pan with the wheat bran and soy flour mix, being careful to coat the sides of the cups also; this will prevent sticking.
In a bowl using a wire whisk, mix all the remaining ingredients, except the blueberries, until well blended, then fold in the blueberries and fill the 6 muffins cups evenly with the batter.
Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center
comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool before refrigerating. Serve warm with butter or cream cheese.
Nutritional Analysis per serving
177 Calories, 12g Fat, 6g Saturated Fat, 12g Carbs, 4g Fiber
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 2974. Low-carb/good-carb (South Beach Diet-type) recipes [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:37pm on 08/08/06 (8)
- Turkey or Chicken Scaloppine with Peppery Greens - DawnNYS - 5:37pm on 08/08/06
- Roast Pork Salad with Ginger-Pineapple Dressing - DawnNYS - 5:42pm on 08/08/06
- Grilled Curry Chicken with Cucumber Raita - DawnNYS - 5:43pm on 08/08/06
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe - DawnNYS - 5:45pm on 08/08/06
- Zucchini from Puebla - DawnNYS - 5:47pm on 08/08/06
- Herbed Feta Spread - DawnNYS - 6:34pm on 08/08/06
- Thanks Dawn for these. DH has announced that he's doing Montignac starting Sept 1. - Mimi - 7:02pm on 08/09/06
- You're welcome. It's sometimes hard finding LC stuff that isn't loaded with fat. Good luck to DH. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:47pm on 08/10/06