Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I use grains of paradise in a pepper mix
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #26356 at 1:59 am on Jul 17, 2014
that I put into a refillable OXO grinder. I add black, white, pink, szechuan, alleppo peppers, grains of paradise, coriander seed, allspice berries if I have them handy and then I add some sea salt. If I have smoked salt, that goes in, otherwise one of the others that I have around.
That is my "go-to" seasoning when salt and pepper is called for.
I have not been able to find the refillable OXO grinders for a few years, and that saddens me.
I used to fill them with my mix and give as gifts at the holidays.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- Would you like to split an order? Wigs generously offered to share some of hers - MarilynFL - 2:06pm on 07/16/14
- The 4 oz bag is a good size if you intend on sharing. - cheezz - 3:42pm on 07/16/14
- Darn, I ordered this morning! Sorry Marilyn! And I did get the ground..not the whole, my bad. [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:11pm on 07/16/14
- This is such a good idea! We all should have done this and purchased - orchid - 4:17pm on 07/16/14
- Ms. M, I'll split an order with you. I can't get it here. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 3:46pm on 07/18/14
- If there is a larger order I would go in on it also. I'm enjoying - orchid - 5:52pm on 07/18/14
- Telicherry is what I've used exclusively for about 15 years. I'm now finding a change in flavour to - Marg CDN2 - 8:17pm on 07/18/14
- Just a reminder, it is best to buy Grains of Paradise whole and grind yourself [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:40pm on 07/16/14
- This is more expensive than what I got at Bulkfoods.com. I got - orchid - 4:15pm on 07/16/14
- My cake is in the oven right now and boy does it smell good! [NT] - orchid - 4:18pm on 07/16/14
- Was your batter really thick? Mine was, although the cake tasted excellent - KarenNoCA - 4:48pm on 07/16/14
- It was very thick but the recipe does say it will be. I just took it out - orchid - 5:30pm on 07/16/14
- FWIW....I put the cake batter into one of those fancy Bundt Pans with the patterns - KarenNoCA - 6:48pm on 07/16/14
- I just added the sauce, very pretty. I did have to lick a finger :0) and - orchid - 7:36pm on 07/16/14
- Yes, and I loved that surprise heat that comes on unexpectedly, but not so much that it is annoying [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:15pm on 07/16/14
- Exactly! It's so subtle but you realize what it is. Seriously, there is - orchid - 11:35pm on 07/16/14
- It's the smell that I fell in love with! Very distinctive. Can it go in T&T now?! [NT] - cheezz - 12:41am on 07/17/14
- I use grains of paradise in a pepper mix - judy-mass - 1:59am on 07/17/14
- Judy - is this the grinder you mean ? [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 5:34am on 07/17/14
- Cheez, the one I have seems to have been discontinued. - judy-mass - 12:31pm on 07/18/14
- Judy - I'm always hitting garage and estate sales. If you could post a pic, I'll watch for it [NT] - cheezz - 4:38pm on 07/18/14
- Ditto from me, Judy. Is there a model number on your grinder? Last week - Pat-NoCal - 4:56pm on 07/18/14
- I appreciate it Cheez! Thanks. [NT] - judy-mass - 9:57pm on 07/19/14
- Awesome! What a mix [NT] - AngAk1 - 10:28pm on 07/18/14