Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
"...had slightly bigger boobs than most."
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #26395 at 6:03 pm on Jul 23, 2014
I want this engraved on my headstone.
To your question: I would have inserted a thermometer, told her the standard temperature for roasted chicken is [blah-blah] and--if she gave her standard rebuttal--would have walked out of the room and returned with 16 cookbooks, set them down in front of her and shown her the proof.
My MIL used to put chicken/turkey/pork/roasts in a 9:00 AM and we would eat them at 6:00 PM. When she was cooking, I would just gnaw on old shoe leather to whet my appetite.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 26395. What do you say when.... - Marg CDN2 - 5:48pm on 07/23/14 (30)
- and here's another. Why is it that people won't eat the flavourful juicy skin of the breast but - Marg CDN2 - 5:51pm on 07/23/14
- Raising hand here...I think the skin on the breast is thicker and I will - orchid - 6:01pm on 07/23/14
- I dunno. She picked at it. Didn't eat the beautiful crispy herby skin but said how much she liked - Marg CDN2 - 6:37pm on 07/23/14
- I think if you want to be around this person, you are going to have to - LisainLA - 6:41pm on 07/23/14
- Good advice Lisa. [NT] - orchid - 8:01pm on 07/23/14
- This is the way we/I like it. Do you want white or dark meat? [NT] - Traca - 5:53pm on 07/23/14
- Classy. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:05pm on 07/23/14
- I guess that was what I was demonstrating, by saying nothing. See her response - Marg CDN2 - 6:34pm on 07/23/14
- I think part of the joy of eating at other people's houses is learning how they do things. I've - Traca - 7:09pm on 07/23/14
- Yep, you're wrong there. They are coming to your home to eat - orchid - 7:56pm on 07/23/14
- "...had slightly bigger boobs than most." - MarilynFL - 6:03pm on 07/23/14
- Marg, I think your friend was trying to demonstrate to you that she is a good cook... - barb_b - 6:03pm on 07/23/14
- Actually, that is a constant concern among a few of us. We get invited for dinner, and that's - Marg CDN2 - 6:28pm on 07/23/14
- Is she the generation which cooked their food to death, even vegetables were cooked - KarenNoCA - 6:49pm on 07/23/14
- Either "it will be fine" or "Oh! I'm trying a new recipe: - 20 mins per lb @ 350F" - MariaDNoCA - 11:34pm on 07/23/14
- two stories for you... - Heather_in_SF - 11:35pm on 07/23/14
- Loved it! [NT] - SallyBR - 1:02am on 07/24/14
- You just say it's your tried and true recipe and if she thinks her piece is undercooked, - cheezz - 2:04am on 07/24/14
- Whatever you do or say, I bet she comes back for more! [NT] - cheezz - 2:09am on 07/24/14
- "Oh, this is so juicy! Thank you for having me leave it in the turned off oven just a little longer. - Joe - 2:44am on 07/24/14
- What a fun thread, I laughed, was appalled, and laughed some more! - KarenNoCA - 3:17pm on 07/24/14
- I love these stories. Here's mine...... - wigs - 3:36pm on 07/24/14
- Wow Wigs. You hit so many nails here. You pegged my friend exactly but different from your - Marg CDN2 - 7:59pm on 07/24/14
- Oh marg, I disagree completely!!!! - MarilynFL - 4:07pm on 07/25/14
- With age comes the ability to speak one's mind. I would have to say that this dinner was carefully - AngAk1 - 9:38pm on 07/28/14
- YOU? No, it's not you.... I would love a friend like you ANYTIME... ;0))))) [NT] - SallyBR - 4:28pm on 07/25/14
- Thank you all for your contributions. I didn't realize that so much of this problem is me but - Marg CDN2 - 8:00pm on 07/24/14
- Don't blame yourself. [LINK] - cyalexa2 - 8:45pm on 07/24/14
- I really don't see it as your problem unless it is the part of - Charley - 9:49pm on 07/24/14
- I would definitely not say the problem is you - but sometimes in order to deal - LisainLA - 5:29pm on 07/25/14