Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
So...do we post the recipe--or not? I'm thinking of "Brazilian-style Black Bean Stew"
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #26618 at 12:01 pm on Sep 5, 2014
Otherwise known as Feijoada, otherwise known as the dish Roberto The Brazilian Rat Bastard introduced me to.
At least something good came out of that lying, cheating, no-good, utterly romantic cad.
Here is the list of ingredients: They use meats available to US grocery stores but I remember Roberto emphatically stating Brazilian sausage was the most important ingredient. Oh well.
long grain rice
smoked pork butt
pickled jalapeņo chiles
bottled orange juice
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 26618. Just saw Orchid's "Cook the Book" entry. Great job to both you and Paul. So now I [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:47pm on 09/04/14 (26)
- Thank you for the link! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:40pm on 09/04/14
- Yeah people, let's get busy. There's only 26 days left. ;0) [NT] - orchid - 5:04pm on 09/04/14
- Richard should be able to post a few recipes, no? [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:29pm on 09/04/14
- I sure hope he does. [NT] - orchid - 7:54pm on 09/04/14
- Done! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:57am on 09/05/14
- Richard, you killed it! Thank you so much for your reports. Could you tell me more about the triffle - Traca - 5:36am on 09/05/14
- You make cranberry jam sandwiches... [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 9:13pm on 09/05/14
- Oops Paul...here's another one. Richard has much more inside. [NT] - orchid - 10:24pm on 09/05/14
- sounds wonderful! festive indeed [NT] - AngAk1 - 11:16pm on 09/05/14
- I'm doing mine this weekend! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:20pm on 09/04/14
- So...do we post the recipe--or not? I'm thinking of "Brazilian-style Black Bean Stew" [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:01pm on 09/05/14
- This is weird. It shows [NT] but there a whole bunch of text inside. - MarilynFL - 4:11pm on 09/05/14
- Paul, Webmaster Supreme...I've got a glitch for you to ponder. See above. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:12pm on 09/05/14
- maybe the -- ? - barb_b - 9:29pm on 09/05/14
- Nope... Not that... [NT] - barb_b - 9:34pm on 09/05/14
- did a major update overnight including updating both php and the database - pmassell_93 - 9:44pm on 09/05/14
- okey doke. Edit mode worked about three times, then it went to blank box, but kept - MarilynFL - 11:07pm on 09/05/14
- keep me posted on any such issues. you can email me. I just made a - pmassell_93 - 11:54pm on 09/05/14
- I thought we would, we usually do. I don't have the book so it - orchid - 5:20pm on 09/05/14
- I'm thinking you may find a lot of the recipes on Epicurious, may save some typing by posting the - MoNJ - 8:54pm on 09/05/14
- I'd be happy to participate but this is one of her books not stocked by my library. Anyone want to - Marg CDN2 - 9:34pm on 09/05/14
- Do you mean a recipe? Here's a link to a blog where she cooked the [LINK] - orchid - 10:36pm on 09/05/14
- whoops, link missing [NT] - AngAk1 - 11:14pm on 09/05/14
- Oops...fixed it. Thanks Ang [NT] - orchid - 11:52pm on 09/05/14
- I see the book is also on Amazon used for less than $5. [NT] - Traca - 12:18am on 09/06/14
- I purchased it on ebay, but still waiting to receive it... Sorry that I can't join you w/ the rec [NT] - barb_b - 12:23am on 09/06/14