Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It really can be agonizing. I have 3 sets. I am one person. What do I do with this?
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #26649 at 10:11 pm on Sep 8, 2014
My mother's Blue Mikado (Royal Crown Derby) came with me and it's still packed ready to ship to Replacements, but I'm so afraid of breakage. She probably spent about $60,000 on this stuff, gave it to me and I never liked it. I feel so guilty but I can't use it. It was how she treated herself from her work money when we were kids. I have my Wedgwood and another German set.
I enjoy setting a table but really, my life just isn't that exciting.
I need to get off my butt and move some of this stuff.
Other messages in this thread:
- 26649. I MUST stop looking at dinner china. (This is related to food, right?) - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:06pm on 09/08/14 (34)
- aw, bless your heart...I just donated the last of my glass dishes from K-Mart (1981). I figured - MarilynFL - 6:53pm on 09/08/14
- LOL, Marilyn...I love simple, beautiful and sturdy dishes and have a dream of owning Heath - KarenNoCA - 7:26pm on 09/08/14
- My "every day dinnerware" when I was married was Johnson Bro. Now these many years - Janet in NC - 9:02pm on 09/08/14
- My everyday dishes, from many years ago, are from when I went to Grand Union and purchased the - barb_b - 9:56pm on 09/08/14
- Barb, fun memory... - Richard in Cincy - 2:20pm on 09/10/14
- Don't bother with REplacements--a pittance. Put it on Craig's - Charley - 9:59am on 09/09/14
- I'm a big fan or salad/dessert plates to mix/match with plain dinner plates too. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:48am on 09/10/14
- I also had Johnson Bros. Ironstone... - judy-mass - 10:15pm on 09/09/14
- It really can be agonizing. I have 3 sets. I am one person. What do I do with this? - Marg CDN2 - 10:11pm on 09/08/14
- Someone would love to have it. Put it on Craigs list with pictures or - KarenNoCA - 11:11pm on 09/08/14
- So much work, but so fun! Every once in a while, I will bring out the china for tea. BUT, - barb_b - 1:22pm on 09/09/14
- It's all about perspective, my friend. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 9:35am on 09/09/14
- My first clue to stop the work came from both our sons, one Thanksgiving - KarenNoCA - 2:07pm on 09/09/14
- I have put our good china in the DW for many years--it has a gold - Charley - 8:05pm on 09/09/14
- Can't do it with my mom's china. It has platinum silver bands on it ...tried it once on one plate [IMAGE] - KarenNoCA - 11:03pm on 09/09/14
- I still have my Mikasa everyday ironware from 1983 wedding - Melissa Dallas - 1:11am on 09/09/14
- Our "family" china was obtained in laundry boxes. They included a dinner plate - MarilynFL - 12:40pm on 09/09/14
- Funny, the banner ad over this conversation is for Pfaltzgraf! I have NEVER shopped - Barbara in VA - 12:49pm on 09/09/14
- This makes me sad. I'd adopt all the unwanted china and crystal if I could. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:25pm on 09/09/14
- I'll bet a Philly boutique brewery would buy your beer glasses. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:56pm on 09/09/14
- I'm right there with you Amanda... - GeorgiaRose - 9:04pm on 09/09/14
- I worked for Mikasa corporate many yrs ago--re gold trim--our advice - MoNJ - 9:17pm on 09/09/14
- Thanks for this advice. I have Autumn by Lenox and always hand washed. Never use it anymore. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:32pm on 09/09/14
- My turkey platters are antique well and tree transferware... - judy-mass - 10:20pm on 09/09/14
- I just bought a transferware turkey platter for $25.00 at an antique store. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:45pm on 09/16/14
- I love it too...I have several mis-matched pieces and one from Macy's I'd love to know the name of.. - MariaDNoCA - 2:45am on 09/10/14
- We should have a post that shows us what people are looking for so we can keep an eye peeled. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:02am on 09/10/14
- with photos, of course. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:03am on 09/10/14
- Maybe this will help. Shouldn't be too hard to trace your - Charley - 10:53am on 09/10/14
- Maria, if you take one or two of the dishes you want to identify to a good antique shop or dealer [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 3:01pm on 09/10/14
- No, keep looking. Life is too short to use the same plates every day... - Richard in Cincy - 2:12pm on 09/10/14
- My sil had eight children, and she has all sorts of entertaining items, - KarenNoCA - 3:07pm on 09/10/14