Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Popper Beer Bread
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #26705 at 2:15 pm on Sep 21, 2014
The photo of this looks delicious. I want to make this now, but will wait until I make a big pot of chili or white bean chili.
She has some pretzel rolls on her blog that look good too. They are a little time consuming to make but oh so very good.
Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Popper Beer Bread
SERVES 12 | ACTIVE TIME 10 Min | TOTAL TIME 1 Hour
3 cups all purpose flour (363 grams)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup granulated sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 medium size jalapenos, (seeded, deveined and diced)
12 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 12 ounce bottle of beer (I used Blue Moon)
1 tablespoon butter or bacon drippings for pan
Preheat oven to 350°.
Prepare 9x5 bread pan by greasing with butter or bacon drippings. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon and cheese. Stir to combine. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center. Add cheese mixture and beer. Gently stir mixture with a spoon until combined. Pour mixture into prepared bread pan.
Bake for 50-55 minutes, until browned on top and thumps on the bottom. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove bread from pan and allow it to cool on wire rack.
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. ï¿½Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 26705. REC: Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Popper Beer Bread [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 2:15pm on 09/21/14 (5)
- Imagine a nice rainy day in the kitchen making a pot of chile and this bread...heavenly! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 2:50pm on 09/21/14
- Do you think these would work as mini-muffins for my reworked feijouad-pork/bean dish - MarilynFL - 3:25pm on 09/21/14
- sure because it is a quick bread but it is a lot of spice along with your "reworked" feijouad dish [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:15pm on 09/21/14
- How about this one Marilyn? It is a favorite here at my house - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:22pm on 09/21/14
- Thanks Cathy...I just checked the sign-up list and there is more than enough food planned. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:49am on 09/22/14