Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Carianna in WA||
Hi Barb - thanks for asking... (warning: Long)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #3018 at 7:11 pm on Aug 11, 2006
I put together a really great “small bites” of Italy menu, but the bride’s hubby-to-be has his heart set on a dinner, so it was back to the drawing board.
So far, I plan to create antipasto centerpiece trays for each of the tables (should only be about 10 tables at the wedding) so that each table has nibbles when they get there. That takes some pressure off of the timing of the buffet.
For dinner, I’m looking at the chicken and sausage skewers that Curious pointed me at. We’ve tested them once and really liked them. I’m planning to make them again (pre-cooking the sausage this time!) with a new product I’m interested in called “Seasoned Skewers.” These are flavored skewers that add flavor to the food as they’re cooking. If they really work I’d like to look at making my own version using bamboo skewers.
I’m also thinking about making braciole for the other entrée. The bride and groom definitely want a beef dish, and this would be good in January. I’m not sold on it yet, but since it is easily made the day before and reheated it is pretty high on my list. I do not have ovens on-site… only warming drawers, so that has to be part of my planning.
For side dishes, I think sautéed green beans topped with balsamic roasted onions sounds good. I’ll make a caprese pasta salad, and I also plan on a mixed greens salad with gorgonzola. And then some great crusty bread too.
Some recipes are still in the testing phase, but I think I’m getting a decent handle on it. Am taking submissions for a good make-ahead Italian beef recipe! :)
"There's treasure everywhere!"
-Calvin, from Calvin & Hobbes
Other messages in this thread:
- 3018. ISO Carianna, Just checking in....How are the plans coming for the wedding event? (m) - barb_b - 5:00pm on 08/11/06 (19)
- Hi Barb - thanks for asking... (warning: Long) - Carianna in WA - 7:11pm on 08/11/06
- I love the antipasti idea for each table. I have easy T&T recipes for - Joe - 2:28am on 08/12/06
- Oh yes, Joe - I'd love all of the above... - Carianna in WA - 3:41am on 08/12/06
- Carianna, the cauliflower holds up if it's served the same day as it is roasted..... - Joe - 5:14am on 08/12/06
- So you cook it a little ahead, take it to the site... - Carianna in WA - 4:28pm on 08/12/06
- I serve it room temp. Here are the recipes I promised: - Joe - 8:11pm on 08/12/06
- Greek Mushrooms - Joe - 8:24pm on 08/12/06
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts - Joe - 8:35pm on 08/12/06
- Moyn's Brussels Sprouts with Fennel - Joe - 8:37pm on 08/12/06
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers, if only for the color - Joe - 8:39pm on 08/12/06
- Joe, thank you SO much. I can't wait to put some of these together! [NT] - Carianna in WA - 9:04pm on 08/12/06
- My pleasure! [NT] - Joe - 9:06pm on 08/12/06
- This all sounds wonderful! Question... - Denice - 1:46pm on 08/12/06
- Hi Denice, an edible bouquet is fruits or vegetables cut into - Carianna in WA - 4:27pm on 08/12/06
- Wow! Sounds like a great party! I can imagine how the bride and groom - barb_b - 11:31am on 08/12/06
- Thanks Barb, any ideas would be appreciated... - Carianna in WA - 5:15pm on 08/12/06
- I've done the cauliflower in advance for parties also... - Music City Missy - 2:52pm on 08/12/06
- Hi Carianna, I posted a menu from a friend's son's wedding dinner... - Dawn_MO - 4:43pm on 08/12/06
- Thanks Dawn, I'll check it out! [NT] - Carianna in WA - 5:11pm on 08/12/06