Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Cyn, I would drain, add 1/4 C of simple syrup...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27137 at 5:53 pm on Dec 26, 2014
and then cook it down. It sounds like the recipe is expecting a sweet jammy paste which you won't get with straight pineapple.
You can prep any amount of simply syrup--it keeps well in the refrigerator.
Here's your (hug) for today.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27137. Need cookie filling advice. Recipe calls for crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, drained and - CynUpstateNY - 4:48pm on 12/26/14 (9)
- Cyn, I would drain, add 1/4 C of simple syrup... - MarilynFL - 5:53pm on 12/26/14
- Thank you, dear! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:00pm on 12/26/14
- Agreed. Sounds like you'll be making something like a pineapple jam. I imagine the fruit will break - Traca - 7:20pm on 12/26/14
- I would say I have never seen crushed pineapple in heavy - Charley - 10:50pm on 12/26/14
- Here ya go, Charley! It's available in southern Indiana still.....see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 11:34pm on 12/26/14
- I don't doubt it, but not here. I make a wonderful cake with - Charley - 12:16pm on 12/27/14
- Nothing in heavy syrup in the market. Used to be available everywhere. - CynUpstateNY - 2:43am on 12/27/14
- Agree about disappearing cans of "heavy syrup" fruit. They're just gone. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:56pm on 12/29/14
- What did you do? - Richard in Cincy - 6:01am on 12/29/14