Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have done them before and also did one for Christmas--it's
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #27172 at 10:36 pm on Jan 4, 2015
delicious, and on sale-- $5.99/lb--a steal.
But I still like my meats cut thinner than that--just preference.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27172. REC Roast New York Strip Loin with Garlic Herb Crust [LINK] - LisainLA - 9:33pm on 01/04/15 (14)
- I have done them before and also did one for Christmas--it's - Charley - 10:36pm on 01/04/15
- I used this method for a boneless prime rib roast. I made my own spice mixture... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:43am on 01/05/15
- I've had a lot of New York steaks, but not this strip cut. Will have to try it. Is it tender? - KarenNoCA - 4:11pm on 01/05/15
- Just read your post Michael about it being tender, Thank you, must try this. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 4:13pm on 01/05/15
- Nothing is as tender as filet, of course, but strip, ribeye, - Charley - 1:26am on 01/06/15
- We've changed our method from letting it come to room temp to dry-aging in frig and cooking it cold. - MarilynFL - 6:48pm on 01/05/15
- But this is for a steak isn't it, not a roast? Letting the thicker - Charley - 11:42am on 01/06/15
- Yep...we do this for 1 inch or more steaks. I rarely cook roasts/loins/racks. I wish we had those - MarilynFL - 12:33pm on 01/06/15
- When Tbones and porterhouse go on sale I get one cut - Charley - 4:52pm on 01/06/15
- We use the second method...recipe calls for 2 inch thick steak, cast iron skillet blazing hot - MarilynFL - 5:51pm on 01/06/15
- Interesting idea, will have to try that. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 4:44pm on 01/06/15
- Is the idea of drying it just to create that exquisitely-seared exterior more readily? [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:52pm on 01/06/15
- To be honest, I have no clue about the science. I just like the taste. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:27pm on 01/06/15
- No, it does improve the flavor and tenderness of the meat. I've dry-aged several rib roasts and - Curious1 - 7:50pm on 01/06/15