Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A lot of the bar & grill/gastro pubs around here are not chain operations. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #27202 at 12:14 am on Jan 15, 2015
Which is what I like. Decent food with a selection of tap beers, both mass market and craft brews.
Yeah, those franchise operations abound here; all that building in the late 90s and early 00s till the slump resulting in (I swear on a giant stack of comic books) the same da** restaurants and fast food joints at EVERY mall, shopping center, strip mall, you name it.
Though with the slump, some areas' rents have gotten cheaper and this is where we are seeing new restaurants and pub/bar&grills go in. We have everything around here. Giant chain restaurants at the giant malls, Chinese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Mediterranean/Greek/Lebanese/Arabic places, a few french cafes, Italian all over (from pizza mom-pops to elegant sit downs). We have many Mexican all over: taquerias, cafes, fancy. It is pretty cool.
And now we are seeing a big influx of micro/mini breweries, which are fun to visit and taste at. Bring a lunch and sit outside slurping various beers with your food.--Or time your visit at the brewery to when they have food trucks arriving (have not done this yet. . . ).
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 27202. Most popular cuisine by state. This is kinda interesting...what do you think? [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 2:28pm on 01/14/15 (20)
- what is a "gastropub"? [NT] - Janet in NC - 5:02pm on 01/14/15
- This is what Wiki says. I caught the end of Restaurant Impossible - orchid - 5:11pm on 01/14/15
- Oops, my house is chaos right now. Forgot the link [NT] [LINK] - orchid - 5:36pm on 01/14/15
- We had a Gastropub here and it did not stay in business very long, no one went there - KarenNoCA - 5:18pm on 01/14/15
- Hahaha...yes, gastropub sounds like a pub where you get gas...ugh [NT] - cheezz - 9:05pm on 01/14/15
- Gastropub around here boils down to: a bar that serves very decent to good food. . . - mistral - 11:49pm on 01/14/15
- Yea, and around here we are still in cowboy country where meat and potatoes - KarenNoCA - 12:04am on 01/15/15
- A lot of the bar & grill/gastro pubs around here are not chain operations. . . - mistral - 12:14am on 01/15/15
- I wanna live where you live. [NT] - orchid - 12:29am on 01/15/15
- Oh what fun that must be in have all the ethnic choices to dine in. Do they keep true to their food - KarenNoCA - 7:26pm on 01/15/15
- Some are Americanized, some are not . . . - mistral - 10:27pm on 01/15/15
- The gastropubs I have been to here have *amazing* food! - Lana in FL - 1:46am on 01/15/15
- Good to know, Lana! I've always wanted to go to RP but a coworker said it was - MarilynFL - 12:37pm on 01/15/15
- There are some great gastropubs in Aville--King James Public House, LAB, Barleycorns, Buffalo Nickel [NT] - charlie - 9:37pm on 01/15/15
- My house STILL ISN'T DONE. I'm in Mortgage Hell right now, emailing paperwork - MarilynFL - 4:24pm on 01/16/15
- It'll get done--hope to have you here in the Spring [NT] - charlie - 5:11pm on 01/16/15
- LOL! I used to work in commercial real estate finance. Trust me, a house is NOTHING - Traca - 1:21pm on 01/17/15
- That was great fun reading. Ohio came out the worse as far as I could see. Our daughter moved back - KarenNoCA - 11:53pm on 01/14/15
- It was interesting how they came to the results but in a long - orchid - 12:37am on 01/15/15
- Alaska Filipino???? no way. maybe 1 or 2 little mom/pop places. Korean/Hawaiian/Thai have far - AngAk1 - 1:57am on 01/21/15