Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
I've made green papaya salad many times. Just a shredded, unripe papaya, Marilyn
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #27224 at 3:35 pm on Jan 19, 2015
The ones I use are just barely starting to ripen but are still pretty green and hard. The variety really doesn't matter.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27224. Will someone provide an image of the type of papaya to use for Thai *papaya* - MarilynFL - 1:21pm on 01/19/15 (10)
- It's just a papaya that hasn't ripened yet. The sell them in Thailand [LINK] - orchid - 1:36pm on 01/19/15
- Thanks! This page wouldn't open for me before. This is one I've seen. - MarilynFL - 4:26pm on 01/19/15
- I guess I'm not understanding what you mean. The green is the skin - orchid - 4:35pm on 01/19/15
- I've made green papaya salad many times. Just a shredded, unripe papaya, Marilyn - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:35pm on 01/19/15
- can you provide an image? Our grocer has large & small ones, both are a little - MarilynFL - 4:25pm on 01/19/15
- No image but if it "gives" when you press on it, it is too ripe. Should be hard and just starting to - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:04am on 01/20/15
- Thanks to both of you! I'm going to try Slanted Door's Vietnamese Papaya salad. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:11pm on 01/20/15
- I've had it at the restaurant and it's so tasty! [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 8:44pm on 01/20/15