Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It's the site my county library uses for downloadable media: books/music/movies, etc
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27236 at 5:34 pm on Jan 21, 2015
The only issue with Hoopla is it's a 2-week rental. Then it "goes away" from your computer so I can't transfer it to my I-pod. I would have to listen to it on my computer. Right now that is the only option for this particular book.
Check your library. It may either use this or some other application for media. Most libraries are getting away from buying the physical object (CD audio or DVD) and just paying a rental for downloadable media. That way they don't have to find more and more room to shelve audio books/DVDs nor worry about patrons losing/damaging them.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27236. No doubt you all remember my old friends' little boy... - Marg CDN2 - 12:15am on 01/21/15 (17)
- I had to Wiki Bocuse d'Or because I had no clue what it meant. Damn! [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:21pm on 01/21/15
- Marilyn are you still listening to audio books? Check out Knives at Dawn, based on the competition. - Traca - 2:29pm on 01/21/15
- More on the author's website. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 2:33pm on 01/21/15
- I listen every day on my commute. Thanks for the recommendation. - MarilynFL - 4:18pm on 01/21/15
- What is Hooplah? I just went back to using a smart phone. Is it an app? [NT] - Traca - 5:23pm on 01/21/15
- It's the site my county library uses for downloadable media: books/music/movies, etc [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:34pm on 01/21/15
- our library uses oneclick digital and overdrive media haven't heard oh hoopla - AngAk1 - 10:41pm on 01/21/15
- ours uses overdrive [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:08am on 01/22/15
- We have Overdrive too, but that is only for audio or ebooks. Happily, I can export those - MarilynFL - 12:16pm on 01/22/15
- I gave up on Evanovich around Book #11. I thought Books 1-3 were absolutely BRILLIANT. - MarilynFL - 8:41pm on 01/22/15
- Marg, can you share his name? I have several friends working in Chicago. I'd like to look him up. [LINK] - Traca - 2:27pm on 01/21/15
- Last week, Thomas Keller posted this interview with the American Bocuse d'Or coach. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 2:28pm on 01/21/15
- PM [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 9:45pm on 01/23/15
- Thanks. I can't seem to respond via PM. I get it. :) [NT] - Traca - 8:54am on 01/24/15
- Thank you. We always have to be so brief that I fear sounding rude. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 8:35pm on 01/24/15
- How exciting! You must be very proud and probably one of the few of his parents friends that truly - barb_b - 7:22pm on 01/21/15
- Wow, I'm duly impressed! Wishing him the very best of luck at this upcoming competition. [NT] - wigs - 8:54pm on 01/21/15