Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have two possibilities to mention-
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #27711 at 1:28 pm on Jun 16, 2015
Both are owned and run by an American couple. I am friends with the gentleman's mother who lives near me in Massachusetts.
The first place they opened was Verjus, a wine bar, sandwich shop and restaurant. It has been getting rave accolades from the French press and food community as well as some celeb chefs here at home.
The second was recently opened, across the street from
Verjus and is called Ellsworth, named for the owner's grandfather.
If you are on Facebook, take a look at their page.
Link: Verjus Paris
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27711. OK, fun times! Where to eat without breaking the bank in Paris? - Anna_X - 3:25am on 06/16/15 (23)
- If you want to have the meal and view of a lifetime, eat lunch at Jules Verne - Charley - 10:36am on 06/16/15
- OMG, 200 euros caused me to drop my sandwich - Anna_X - 7:59pm on 06/17/15
- That was definitely for the "splurge". Glad I didn't post dinner, which - Charley - 9:31am on 06/19/15
- Wow...I feel like I just read a 1985 Gourmet magazine article. Articles I used to - MarilynFL - 10:33am on 06/19/15
- Not exactly what you're after, but our favorite hole in the wall was literally a hole in the wall. - MarilynFL - 12:57pm on 06/16/15
- Sounds like a lunch on a street in Vienna with long brats in buns. [NT] - Anna_X - 8:00pm on 06/17/15
- Those places are along rue Hachette==and they are delicious. But I will - Charley - 9:34am on 06/19/15
- I have two possibilities to mention- [LINK] - judy-mass - 1:28pm on 06/16/15
- These sound lovely and in the area, thanks. We'll try to get there. [NT] - Anna_X - 8:05pm on 06/17/15
- Anywhere; it's hard to find bad food in Paris. But I have an especially fond memory of this place: [LINK] - Joe - 1:26am on 06/18/15
- Ooh, I looked through their website. Looks lovely and delish, and not far. Thanks! [NT] - Anna_X - 5:35am on 06/18/15
- Le Petit Vendome - Timid - 2:19am on 06/18/15
- Nice to see you Timid! [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:07am on 06/18/15
- Thanks for the warm salutation! - Timid - 1:41pm on 06/18/15
- Another good one! Thanks for your suggestion! [NT] - Anna_X - 5:36am on 06/18/15
- Metro/Museum Pass - Timid - 1:35pm on 06/18/15
- The Paris Visite pass is rarely a good value---the places it "gives" you are - Charley - 1:18pm on 06/19/15
- Passes - Timid - 10:56pm on 06/19/15
- Paris Pass - Timid - 1:44am on 06/20/15
- That must have been an amazing trip >> I've STILL never seen St. Chapelle - MarilynFL - 1:28pm on 06/22/15
- Two ways to enjoy it--with the sunlight--and then at night with a concert of - Charley - 11:18am on 06/23/15
- Absolutely agree with Charley - Timid - 5:26am on 06/24/15
- I added this thread to a travel thread in T&T great threads. take a look at the other posts on Paris [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 7:20pm on 06/18/15