Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I made this recipe this morning for dinner tonight...
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #27707 at 10:38 pm on Jun 17, 2015
I just tasted and it is really good. Just the right amount of heat, and perfect balance of ingredients to liquid. Here is what I did:
Used 1 pound of ground beef because that is how we have it packaged.
Used the 3 tablespoons of chili powder, using 2 T. Grandma's Spanish seasoning chili, which is now called Williams's Chili Seasoning and 1 T. of Chipotle Chili Seasoning.
For the diced tomatoes with sweet onion, which seems to be a Hunt's product and is not in our markets yet, I used S & W stewed tomatoes with onion, celery, and bell pepper.
I also added 1/2 red bell pepper to add another vegetable to our quota of veggies for the day and because it needed to be used.
Serving it with a fresh garlic and onion Partage. This is a artisan, small round loaf of bread, already scored into wedges and just needs to be heated up. Serving with a compound butter which is infused with a product of Penzeys called Arizona Dreaming and has chili powder along with other spices.
I've always loved Campbell's condensed tomato soup.....it adds a bit of that umami to recipes.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 27707. So this is one of those days that "I DO NOT want to cook and [LINK] - orchid - 8:03pm on 06/14/15 (17)
- Wow! I just had to heavly edit that post. Don't know what happened. [NT] - orchid - 11:05pm on 06/14/15
- Thanks! If the end result is a tasty dish, and this one - KarenNoCA - 11:38pm on 06/14/15
- My goal is to try to entice someone on trying this recipe. Tomato - orchid - 3:18pm on 06/15/15
- I will be making the chili this week, as written. Will report back. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 4:06pm on 06/15/15
- :0)! :0)! Those are big ol' smiles from ear to ear... [NT] - orchid - 5:00pm on 06/15/15
- I'll most likely make it soon, but with moosemeat:) very similar to my first ever chili from a - AngAk1 - 9:53pm on 06/16/15
- Did it have the tomato soup in it also? I had never seen it used before. [NT] - orchid - 10:00pm on 06/16/15
- Yes [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:04am on 06/18/15
- I made this recipe this morning for dinner tonight... - KarenNoCA - 10:38pm on 06/17/15
- I'm glad you liked it and I often will add diced green bell pepper - orchid - 11:20pm on 06/17/15
- The seasonings are chili powder, pepper, seasoned salt, which I added - KarenNoCA - 11:31pm on 06/17/15
- Eating this for dinner tonight was so good... very nice dish and we both loved it, company worthy. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:24am on 06/18/15
- I'm sorry Karen, I thought you were saying you added extra - orchid - 11:58am on 06/18/15
- Nope just the three tablespoons which I though was perfect, loved the touch of heat - KarenNoCA - 1:31pm on 06/18/15
- Thanks for trying the recipe Karen. I've been trying to get someone - orchid - 1:56pm on 06/18/15
- Orchid, did you see the PW show where she made a 7 can soup? Similar, but no meat in hers. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:58pm on 06/19/15
- Yep, I saw that. Simple but probably tasty. Nothing wrong with that. - orchid - 7:59pm on 06/19/15